how to dual boot Win95 + DOS (no linux) ?

how to dual boot Win95 + DOS (no linux) ?

Post by Robert Merithe » Fri, 06 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I'm successfully dual-booting Win95 and linux (RH4.2) on my
machine at home, and I'd like to be able to dual-boot
Win95 and DOS6.22 on a machine at work.  Can I use LILO on
the work machine without installing Linux on it?

(I seem to remember reading somewhere that I could do that,
but it was over a year ago and I don't remember where I
saw it).

thanks in advance,

-Robert Merithew
 University of Illinois

Post by Ed Grim » Fri, 06 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> I'm successfully dual-booting Win95 and linux (RH4.2) on my
> machine at home, and I'd like to be able to dual-boot
> Win95 and DOS6.22 on a machine at work.  Can I use LILO on
> the work machine without installing Linux on it?

Yes, however, you'll need a Linux boot floppy set around to set it up,
and to mess with the boot record.  If I recall correctly, there are
better ways of doing this (i.e. multiboot programs which run in one or
both OSes.)

--
Ed Grimm

1. Dual-drive dual-boot RH Linux 5.1 & Win95: recommended boot manager?

Hi:

I've got a 266 PII PC with one EIDE hard-drive with Win95 installed.  I want
to add a second EIDE hard drive (probably around 4-6 Gb) and install RH
Linux 5.1 plus some other Linux s/w (like Oracle8.0.5 pre-production
release!  Yew!).  I want to be able to choose which O/S (ie. which
hard-drive) I boot from at power-on.  I'm not real good with hardware and
low-level stuff.  Do I need to purchase a good boot-loader?  Is there one
that anyone would recommend that works very well and is simple (and safe!)
to install for choosing boot between Linux and Win95?

Doubly thankful if you would respond via email as well as posting here!

Thanks and regards,
Dave

2. Newbie needs to setup devices

3. Daemon sources

4. Linux/Win95 Dual Boot? Can it be done?

5. automatically copy and rename directory structure

6. Adding second Linux Drive to existing dual boot Win95 / Linux system

7. DHCP<->STATIC laptop transition (work<->home problem)

8. New to Linux, How can you make a dual boot of Linux and Win95?

9. Dual boot linux/Win95 and linux hardware compatibility problems

10. Dual booting Linux and Win95 (newbie)

11. Yet Another Linux/Win95 Dual-Boot Hopeful

12. Win95/NT4 Dual Boot <--- How do I add linux ontop of this?