SMTP/IMAP/POP3

Post by Ricky Fun » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have setup a TurboLinux and everything is alright. I can send e-mail
and receive e-mail. But, how I can setup the Linux as a SMTP, IMAP and
POP3 server and let those people can access their mail via netscape
messenger or outlook express?

"host.domainname" is the computer name for the Linux server. May I know

Thank you very much for your help!

Ricky Fung

SMTP/IMAP/POP3

Post by meas.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

SendMail does not alone handle POP/IMAP/SMTP you need to install the
IMAP rpm and edit your inetd.conf file.  I found the best way was to
make sure that the IMAP portion is installed from the initial install.

Good Luck,
Matt

> I have setup a TurboLinux and everything is alright. I can send e-mail
> and receive e-mail. But, how I can setup the Linux as a SMTP, IMAP and
> POP3 server and let those people can access their mail via netscape
> messenger or outlook express?

> "host.domainname" is the computer name for the Linux server. May I
know

> Thank you very much for your help!

> Ricky Fung

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

SMTP/IMAP/POP3

Post by John W. Steven » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I have setup a TurboLinux and everything is alright. I can send e-mail
> and receive e-mail. But, how I can setup the Linux as a SMTP, IMAP and
> POP3 server and let those people can access their mail via netscape
> messenger or outlook express?

There is an imapd package that can be compiled/installed that will
handle IMAP.  I don't have users that use POP3 right now, so I can't
really remember whether this program handles POP as well as IMAP. . .

> "host.domainname" is the computer name for the Linux server. May I know

What you are refering to here, is called "masquerading".  Look in your
sendmail configuration file (sendmail.cf, or sendmail.conf, probably in
/etc) and search for the keyword, "masquerade".  There is probably some
masquerading rules already present in your sendmail.cf file, but they
are either commented out, or they are not used.

If, after looking at it, you're not able to figure it out, send me some
email.

--

If I spoke for HP --- there probably wouldn't BE an HP!

John Stevens

1. POP3, SMTP, IMAP mail

I don't know if anybody out there cares, but I just got the new release of
Courier 0.24 and compiled/installed it on my FreeBSD4.0, something that was
seemingly impossible with Courier 0.23. I just want everybody to know,
especially those like me who was too lazy to go get a daemon for each
service. Courier has everything you need for mail. :P

Not trying to annoy anybody.
Ty

2. "screen shot" how-to??

3. IMAP,POP3,SMTP library in C/C++

4. Comments in assembly language vs. cpp

5. POP3/IMAP/SMTP Proxy with redhat Linux 9.0 ???

6. Problems with Apache 1.3.19-115 and SuSE Linux 7.0

7. POP3/IMAP and SMTP

8. isa0 at pcib0

9. SMTP only listens on host.domain.com:smtp want *:smtp

10. smtp & imap question (RH7.1)

11. How to Check services like SMTP, POP, IMAP running

12. imap/smtp server with netscape

13. Evolution: Sometimes error connecting to IMAP or SMTP host