*- C-News Unbatching Problem -*

Post by Jason ROOT Geor » Sat, 24 Dec 1994 15:17:04

Sorry...I know there are more appropriate groups, but I have a limited
feed at this time...

A few weeks ago, for some unexplained reason, my stock Slackware C-news
distribution just blew up...nuff said.

So I grabbed the C-news distribution off sunsite.  Much to my surprise,
it is a completely different version with a different directory structure.
That aside, and subsequently fixed to my system's satisfaction, I noticed
that _any_ news delivered via my UUCP feed posted earlier than the day
it is unbatched is tossed to /dev/null because on an 'ancient' date.

Here's a log excerpt:

 `Thu, 22 Dec 1994 00:49:44 GMT'

 `22 Dec 1994 00:55:14 GMT'

But then, hey, wait, it's junking stuff posted today too!

What's up with this?   I've grep'ed and cat'ed and searched the relevant
docs and I can't come up with a significant reference to this 'ancient'
date criteria or how to set it.

Anyone have any ideas?  I'm pretty boggled.

Happy Holidays.

--Jason