SNOW 2.3 linux-version / Mitsumi Quad-Ide (ATAPI) cd-rom HELP !!!!

SNOW 2.3 linux-version / Mitsumi Quad-Ide (ATAPI) cd-rom HELP !!!!

Post by M. Bakk » Mon, 31 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I've bought the SNOW 2.3 version of linux, on 2 CD-ROMS

I've an QUAD-SPEED -IDE-CDROM (ATAPI) from MITSUMI.
And that's the problem :

When i tell LILO to boot linux i give the command and parameter
linux hdc=cdrom [enter]

Then linux boots, and gives me the feeling it recognize my cd-rom by
saying
hdc=FDX001(ATAPI) CD-ROM at .......  (or something like that)

But when i want to install linux on my harddrive i've to mount my
cd-rom (on my boot-imagedisk is only the program 'mount' availlable no
programs as 'ln')

I'vr tried :
mount -nrt iso9660 /dev/cdrom /cdrom
and
mount -nrt iso9660 /dev/mcd /cdrom
and ....

But linux confuses my by saying that /dev/.... is not a block device.

I am getting very, very tired of this because I want to install LINUX
!!!

So who can help me ?
What is goiing wrong ?

Marco Bakker