Q: MACH32 EEPROM modes usable/readable for XFREE ?

Q: MACH32 EEPROM modes usable/readable for XFREE ?

Post by Tobias Bierna » Fri, 08 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Hello out there,

my ATI MACH32 card stores the CLOCK and TIMINGS in an EEPROM.

I spent some time in otimizing them and the "usual" DOS/WIN applications will
also use by default this stored mode.

I know, that I can setup everything from within the X-config files.
The problem is only, that I want (if possible) use the SAME setting as stored
already in my card (so my monitor need not be adjusted extra for LINUX).

Either use it directly (hardly probable) or somehow retrieve the setting from
the card. Not the CLOCKS, I have them already with SuperProbe, but the
TIMINGS (H/V Sync, Polarity etc...).

Any LINUX/DOS/WIN based tools around there that could give me that info ?

Thanks for your help,

bye
Tobias
:-)
... Nicht heute Nacht, Schatz! Ich hab' ein Modem...

Q: MACH32 EEPROM modes usable/readable for XFREE ?

Post by Reinhold J. Gerha » Tue, 12 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I used the SVGALib utility to read the timing setup from my MACH32.

>Hello out there,
>my ATI MACH32 card stores the CLOCK and TIMINGS in an EEPROM.
>I spent some time in otimizing them and the "usual" DOS/WIN applications will
>also use by default this stored mode.
>I know, that I can setup everything from within the X-config files.
>The problem is only, that I want (if possible) use the SAME setting as stored
>already in my card (so my monitor need not be adjusted extra for LINUX).
>Either use it directly (hardly probable) or somehow retrieve the setting from
>the card. Not the CLOCKS, I have them already with SuperProbe, but the
>TIMINGS (H/V Sync, Polarity etc...).
>Any LINUX/DOS/WIN based tools around there that could give me that info ?
>Thanks for your help,
>bye
>Tobias
>:-)
>... Nicht heute Nacht, Schatz! Ich hab' ein Modem...

1. Some Qs about parallel port programming (in EPP mode)

Hi all,

I am a newie in Linux device driver programming. I need to write a
parallel port driver in EPP mode and have read the parallel port
spec. in the past two weeks. However, I still get confused and hope
for the help.

1. Is it right that I just write/read the PARPORT_PORT_BASE+4, the
   hardware will do the EPP handshake itself and transfer the data?
   If not, any bits in the register I need to (de)active?

2. I have read lp.c in Linux Kernel Source and found the following
   code. Why it use do { ... } while (0) to enclose the actual code?

   #define w_dtr(x,y)  \
    do { parport_write_data(lp_table[(x)].dev->port, (y)); } while (0)

3. Have any web sites discuss how to program the parallel port driver
   in EPP mode?

Thanks for any help.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. make de2104x hotplugable

3. ati mach32 & xfree

4. Wierd problem with multiple NICs

5. XFree 3.1.2 /Mach32 memory leak

6. Remote X

7. XFree Mach32 woes!

8. cc compiler was not on my installation

9. XFree, ATI Mach32, NEC 5FGP, 1280x1024

10. No cursor with Mach32 & XFree 3.1

11. Mach32 (XFree 2.0) problem

12. XFree Mach32 history and problems

13. ATI Mach32 + Mit Diamond Scan 17FS + XFree 2.0 = Color Problem