3com 3c574-TX 10/100BASE-TX

Post by Michael Lor » Mon, 22 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I got a strange problem with the 3c574-TX.

I set up everything and I really read everything I got about PCMCIA
under Linux. I run a Suse 6.0 with the original 2.0.36.

The PCMCIA-Module detects my card correctly and doesn't give any error
message.
But if i want to ping my server I get 100% lost.

If i insert a 3com 3C589D-TP everything works fine.

The PCMCIA-docs tell me that the driver for the 3c574-TX is buggy. But
I can't believe that it absolutly doesn't run.

I have a 3com Office-Connect Dual Speed Hub8 and under Win9x the card
works fine with 100 and 10 MBit.

Everbody got a hint?

Thanx Michael Lorio

3com 3c574-TX 10/100BASE-TX

Post by Thomas G » Tue, 23 Feb 1999 04:00:00

>I got a strange problem with the 3c574-TX.

We are, it appears, an ever-growing population of people with the same problem.
Perhaps we can form a support group?    :-)

"My name is Tom Gee ... and I have a 3c574 that doesn't work!"

Quote:>I set up everything and I really read everything I got about PCMCIA
>under Linux. I run a Suse 6.0 with the original 2.0.36.

We're running RedHat 5.1.

Quote:>The PCMCIA-Module detects my card correctly and doesn't give any error
>message.
>But if i want to ping my server I get 100% lost.

Same here.  Just to make it more fun, the card works occasionally.  Sometimes,
you boot the system and it comes up just fine -- no problems whatsoever.
However, 95% of the time the NIC is simply dead.  No error messages, no
IRQ conflicts ... just no data.

Quote:>The PCMCIA-docs tell me that the driver for the 3c574-TX is buggy. But
>I can't believe that it absolutly doesn't run.

It would be nice to have more details about what "buggy" means.

Quote:>Everbody got a hint?

>Thanx Michael Lorio

Well, we're running pcmcia-cs-3.0.0 ... so my next step is to upgrade to
the current version (3.0.9).  According to the release notes, there have
been improvements to the driver.

Thanks to David Hinds and crew for all their hard work in PCMCIA support!

Tom
---

SAILSS Software Development Team
DCIEM / Department of National Defence / Canada

1. 3COM Fast Etherlink XL 10/100Base-TX (3c905B-TX)

Hi Everyone,

I have some trouble configuring a 3Com Fast Etherlink XL 10/100Base-TX with the
3c905B-TX with Linux. The driver recognizes it and configures it and eth0 is up
and running but nothing goes through to the network or comes out of it. Physical
connection is there, the lights are on. But not data gets transmitted or no data
comes throught it. 3c59x driver for linux identifies it correctly as 3c905B
"cyclone" and uses the io port 0x1000 and irq 10.

Did anyone come across this problem? If you have a solution can you please post it?
I would really appreciate that.

Thank you!

Sanjaya Wijeratne

   -**** Posted from Supernews, Discussions Start Here(tm) ****-
http://www.supernews.com/ - Host to the World's Discussions & Usenet

2. Newbie Keyboard Mouse problem

3. 3Com Fast EtherLink XL 10/100BASE-TX Driver Needed

4. Microsoft 20 steps behind?

5. ICQ Clones in Linux (firewall)

6. 3 Com 10/100 3C574-TX PCMCIA Card

7. Terminal window problams in kppp

8. SMC9432TX Etherpower II 10/100 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX

9. Puredata 10/100Base-TX Fast Ethernet Adapter

10. 3COM 3C595-TX PCI 10/100BASE-T Problems

11. 3com 3C574-TX Etherlink Transmit timed out

12. Does Linux support 3Com's 3C574-TX NIC?