MH for Linux

Post by Robi KA » Fri, 29 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Has anyone gotten MH to compile for Linux 2.*?  I could hack it out
but I was wondering if it's already been done.  I think that the
latest version is somewhere around 6.8, yes?

Thanks,

- Robi
--

"C*te agreed, what was needed was a man with a whip".
E.M. Forster - A Room With a View

MH for Linux

Post by Anthony Rumb » Fri, 29 Nov 1996 04:00:00

: Has anyone gotten MH to compile for Linux 2.*?  I could hack it out
: but I was wondering if it's already been done.  I think that the
: latest version is somewhere around 6.8, yes?

The latest RedHat comes with mh, exmh etc etc..
Try and install thoes binaries maby?

--
Anthony Rumble - aka SmilieZ
Mobile 015-955-042 Pager 016-634-997

MH for Linux

Post by Robi KA » Wed, 04 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Anthony Rumble typed:

:
: : Has anyone gotten MH to compile for Linux 2.*?  I could hack it out
: : but I was wondering if it's already been done.  I think that the
: : latest version is somewhere around 6.8, yes?
:
: The latest RedHat comes with mh, exmh etc etc..
: Try and install thoes binaries maby?

Yes, I know now, however I'd much prefer to compile it myself as then
I could set whatever optiions etc. I want.  I've found out that the
latest version is 6.8.3 which has some Linux support so I'll compile
that up - hacking where necessary.

If anyone wants a copy of my Linux ported source code to mh-6.8.3 drop
me a line.  It won't be ready for a few weeks 'cos I've a few other
things I'm doing right now.

    - Robi

--

"C*te agreed, what was needed was a man with a whip".
E.M. Forster - A Room With a View

MH for Linux

Post by Andrew J Cosgrif » Thu, 05 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Robi> Yes, I know now, however I'd much prefer to compile it myself as
Robi> then I could set whatever optiions etc. I want.  I've found out
Robi> that the latest version is 6.8.3 which has some Linux support so
Robi> I'll compile that up - hacking where necessary.

Well, you could get the source packages from either redhat and debian
and go from there, or dig up the years-old patches for 6.8.3 off
sunsite and start there (it worked for me when I did it a while ago,
just after the big change to ELF, and before i was using redhat) -
there's 2 patches, one for general linux stuff, and another to do
old-style pre-ELF shared libs (the latter one you can ignore, of
course).

It's possible 6.8.4 has some of these linux patches folded in, i'm not
sure (I didn't look when i built it on OSF/1 a few weeks back)

Robi> If anyone wants a copy of my Linux ported source code to
Robi> mh-6.8.3 drop me a line.  It won't be ready for a few weeks 'cos
Robi> I've a few other things I'm doing right now.

Look at 6.8.4 first.  It's still sort of half-beta i think, although
one of the ftp sites at UCI just had the patch sitting there next to
the 6.8.[1-3] patches, so maybe it's not anymore...

Andrew.
--
 - Andrew J. Cosgriff - Network Software Dude, Monash (Clayton) - PGP/MIME Ok -

         Spreading peanut butter reminds me of opera!!  I wonder why?

1. Help with XMH and MH (was: Re: MH for Linux, *please*!

I fixed it by logging on as root and doing

    $ chmod o+w /var/spool/mail

--
    If email to me bounces, make sure you deleted the D from the end of my
                     username in my email address.

2. comp.os.linux.security biweekly FAQ pointer

3. mh for Linux

4. Unix, Router & Modem

5. MH for Linux - How do I install it?

6. printing large number of jobs

7. MH for linux

8. pre-configured panel pc with cf and qt or qt/e available?

9. Compiling MH on linux

10. MH for Linux

11. MH in linux

12. mh for Linux?