Teac 55a atapi CDROM

Post by Eitan Sha » Thu, 10 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hello,
I can NOT configure my cdrom,
anyone?

Teac 55a atapi CDROM

Post by Amit Chatterje » Wed, 16 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> Hello,
> I can NOT configure my cdrom,
> anyone?

You need to provide more information. How were you trying to configure ?
To which IDE controller is the CDROM connected (primary/secondary)? Is
it connected as a master or a slave ? What kind of error message did you
get ?

If you dont give enough details, you will not find much help.

--
/*********************************************************************
Amit Chatterjee

All opinions are mine, not NORTEL's.
*********************************************************************/

1. Need sbpcd.h & sbpcd.c setup for TEAC CD-55A using TEAC interface card!

        I just installed linux on my system, and I'm having the usual
difficulties setting up my system. I compiled a new kernel (1.2.9) in hopes
of correcting the problem, but that got me nowhere with respect to my CD-ROM.

        If I include support for the sbpcd in the config, the system can find
the drive but it hangs after trying to set /dev/hdb1 and simply stops. I've
tried setting the card address (0x320,0) in the lilo line (sbpcd=0x320,0)
which shortens the search time but does nothing else. Without sbpcd support,
the system boots fine (except for the tape drive support, which I'm still
working on).

        If anyone has a copy of sbpcd.h and sbpcd.c configured for this
combination that they could send via email, it would be greatly appreciated.

--

       Department of Social Sciences =*= Jackson Community College
       73 de KE8HH =*= Finger either address for my pgp public key

2. kernel level autoconfiguration in 2.2

3. Teac 55A with Teac 16-bit Interface

4. Driver SCO for CD-ROM COMPAQ-XL-5100

5. TEAC CD 55A with TEAC 16bit card -- Help

6. x-interface for tar/gzip???

7. Teac Cd 55a and Teac Card

8. The Inquirer: Compaq Readying Tru64 Layoffs

9. Teac 55a CDROM ???

10. Teac CD-55A 4X cdrom drive

11. teac 55a cdrom question

12. Has anyone got Linux to recognize Teac CD-55A CDROM drive?

13. TEAC 55A CDROM w 16 bit IF Card