Slackware 2.3.0 - NFS

Post by Huang Xinw » Sun, 06 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I have tried to install slackware Linux 2.3.0 via NFS, and it gives me
a the following error messages:-

  Configuring ethernet card...
  Configuring your gateway...
  SIOCADDRT:Network is unreachable
  Mounting NSF...
  mount clntudp_create : RPC : PORT mapper failure_RPC : Unable to send

I have install slackware Linux 2.2.1 using NFS but it did not give me
the above problem.  Does anyone have a suggestion to what might have
gone wrong.

Thanx
--
~~ Xinwei ~~

1. Slackware 3.2 install via NFS?

I am trying to install Subj: version of Linux on a system that has a D-link
DE600 lpt ethernet adapter and **no** cd-rom.  I have an NFS server for my '95
system that I can load to export the slackware 3.2 linux cd-rom.

Is there a faq I can read to step me through this process?

2. What to do with a SunOs 4.1.3 Machine in an NIS+ environment?

3. Where to find Slackware to install via NFS

4. umask()

5. How to Install Slackware by way of NFS

6. Unix - Frequently Asked Questions (Contents) [Frequent posting]

7. Diskless workstation preform slackware installation on exported nfs directory.

8. Wireless

9. Slackware Linux FTP to NFS

10. NFS BW-NFS and PC-NFS

11. Compiling Beta NFS for Slackware 2.3 Linux 1.2.13

12. Installing Slackware via NFS

13. NFS for slackware installations