Sparc LX Network install?

Post by Timothy L Moult » Wed, 12 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I have a Lx with no OS on it now and I would like to put redhat on it.  I have no quams about buying the CD but I dont want to wait for it to arrive and I dont have a cd.  Can I make bootdisks similar to the x86 install and install from my local mirror.  Thanks in advance.

tim moulton.

PS. I have a next monostation also.  Can I install linux 68000 port on that?  thanks again

Sparc LX Network install?

Post by Howard Cok » Wed, 12 Aug 1998 04:00:00

We have an old Sparc1 at work that I wanted to install Linux on.  I wrote several CDs from the FTP sites but they wouldn't install.  Finally bought the CD from RedHat and the install actually starts.  If you can find a mirror with the complete Sparc version it might work but I
never found one and wasted 3 CDs.  This was a couple of months ago so maybe its changed.  I tried RedHat, UNC, and I don't recal the 3rd one.  Good luck I am having problems getting the installation to finish and I have the CD.

> I have a Lx with no OS on it now and I would like to put redhat on it.  I have no quams about buying the CD but I dont want to wait for it to arrive and I dont have a cd.  Can I make bootdisks similar to the x86 install and install from my local mirror.  Thanks in advance.

> tim moulton.

> PS. I have a next monostation also.  Can I install linux 68000 port on that?  thanks again

1. Solaris 2.1 on Sparc LX to boot after install

I install a copy of Solaris 2.1 on a Sparc station LX. the install went
OK, but when I reboot it gives me the OS stats then says:

dev/dsk/c0t3d0s0   not fstype

then I can only go into maintenice mode and look at the various
directories or partions on the hard drive. The LX had Linux on it before
and worked fine, HELP!!! Will I have to change some thing in the prom ?
the install comes up with no errors and says that none of the files were
partialy install. I did a stand alone install and it is not connected to
a network. did linux change the boot up ? Any help will be appreicated.

TIA
Chris

2. Bad blocks on IDE drive

3. Install Solaris 2.7 onto Sparc LX Via nfs/bootp?

4. 2.1.5R: odd psm device behavior

5. Solaris 8 install crashes on Sparc LX

6. Setting up a dial up server.....

7. Modem on a Sparc LX under 2.2

8. Info on Infomagic cd's

9. Parallel printer on Sparc LX - HELP !!!!!!!!!

10. Adding console to Sparc LX?

11. Laserjet 4plus on a SPARC LX

12. How to add 3 modems to sparc lx

13. Solaris 2.5 PPP on Sparc LX.