What I want: Help me find it!

Post by Jimmy Clutt » Mon, 02 Oct 1995 04:00:00

        Hello everyone!  I'm new to Linux.  I had it installed a few months
ago but removed it and since we got our ISDN Internet connection I'm
interested in starting up one Linux server or more on a 486/50 or
486/66 both with 8mb RAM.  Here's what I'd like:

        - POP3 & SMTP mail server
        - DNS server
        - NNTP server (news)
        - HTTP server (WWW)
        - FTP server

        Where can I get all of these?  I'm getting all of the A, AP, D, N, and
X directories off of ftp.cdrom.com/pub/linux/slackware-3.0/slakware.
What else should I get?  Where can I find the things mentioned above
since I haven't see any places mention them.  I'm pretty sure that
Linux will work with my SMC 3019 10-baseT ethernet card.  Please
e-mail me where to get this stuff and what else I should get, thanks!
Any help will be greatly appriciated.

Jimmy Clutter

WWW: http://www.rti.atlanta.com/jimmy/

Internet Phone: JimmyC

"Like the time I ran away
 And turned around
 And you were standing close to me" -Jon Anderson

1. I found it! Please help me recover!

I think I figured out my problem.  I was getting the errors:

In file included from /usr/include/linux/sched.h:58, from init/main.c:16:
/usr/include/linux/fs.h:213: unterminated comment
/usr/include/linux/fs.h:1: unterminated `#if' conditional
In file included from /usr/include/linux/mm.h:7, from /usr/include/linux/s
ched.h:59, from init/main.c:16:
/usr/include/linux/fs.h:1: unterminated `#if' conditional
In file included from init/main.c:22:
/usr/include/linux/fs.h:1: unterminated `#if' conditional
make[1]: *** [depend] Error 1
make: *** [..depend] Error 1
So, for the hell of it I went into /usr/include/linux/fs.h, and at line 213,
the rest of the file is garbage!

I need to re-download the /usr/include/linux headers from somewhere.  I do have
the SLS 1.01 dustribution.  If anyone can help me with the line I use to get my
include lines back, or if you know the path to the files on sunsite.unc.edu (I
could not for the life of me find them) I would greatl appreciate it.

--
Eric Levinson

I can also be reached on my BBS system, Color Galaxy Milky Way (415) 883-0696

2. Looking for encryption suggestions

3. NEED UQWK, PLEASE HELP ME FIND IT!

4. list1 - list2 > list3

5. CD-RW problem - can't find it!

6. ufsrestore... doesn't. Why ?

7. I found it!

8. XF86 lock file location?

9. Xmem - Where can I find it!

10. ftpaccess file ? Cant find it!

11. I found it! (Was: Upgraded to kernel 2.4.3, now X freezes my machine)

12. I just can't find it! How to disable Web-URL

13. Modem at COM3: can't find it!