Portmapper problem

Post by Habib Jalil » Wed, 28 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

we have with one linux server (suse 5.1) an PORTMAPPER problem.
In /etc/rc.config i have following:

START_PORTMAP=no
NFS_SERVER=no

and after then i have called /sbin/SuSEconfig.

When the Server is runing, we have network connection to LAN and WAN.
When i reboot the server, it returns following errors:

Mounting remoute file systems
mount clntudp_create: RPC: PORT mapper failure -RPC: timed out
mount clntudp_create: RPC: PORT mapper failure -RPC: timed out
mount clntudp_create: RPC: PORT mapper failure -RPC: timed out
mount clntudp_create: RPC: PORT mapper failure -RPC: timed out
mount clntudp_create: RPC: PORT mapper failure -RPC: timed out
mount clntudp_create: RPC: PORT mapper failure -RPC: timed out
SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable
SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable
SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable
SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable
SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable
SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable

It does take about 20 minutes! and after then i have the login mask.
After logging in i have again network connection without any problem and
none of the deamons mountd, portmap and nfsd is runinig. This problem is
only a boot time problem and nothing else. We don't mount any remote
file system in /etc/fstab.

Any idea?

Thanks

Habib

1. portmapper problem

I am running Free SCO OpenServer 5.0.4.  Very recently I have noticed
a warning that appears during boot.

WARNING: portmapper on server is not responding

The message repeats itself several times.

The only thing I changed lately was the IP of the machine.

Is this causing the problem and if not any ideas on what could be?

Thanks in advance,
--Brad

2. AIX 4.3.3 termcap/terminfo and PINE 4.21

3. RPC Portmapper problems

4. Background or wallpaper picture in X

5. portmapper problem...

6. ** Configure Squirm for URL redirecting

7. reclusive portmapper; problems with 2 network interface machine

8. nn nntp PLEASE HELP

9. portmapper problem

10. portmapper problems

11. portmapper problem!!!

12. Portmapper problem when mounting a partition via NFS

13. Help with weird portmapper problem