Choice of CD-ROM during installation?

Post by Charles Pack » Wed, 19 Jul 1995 04:00:00

During the Slackware installation sequence, I am asked:
        What type of CD-ROM drive do you have?
        1. SCSI
        2. Sony CDU31A
        3. Sony 535
        4. Mitsumi
        5. Sound Blaster Pro (Panasonic)

As it happens, I have a Sony CDU55E and it's connected as a
second IDE device. The software that came with it is the
ATAPI_CD driver. Which option should I choose?

Also, does my choice of installation kernel (the one that you RAWRITE
to a floppy) have any bearing on this? I used the "bare"
kernel because I didn't want to try to install from CD-ROM
directly. In other words, it's not clear to me where the kernel
that you install on the hard disk comes from.

Choice of CD-ROM during installation?

Post by Jim Parsha » Thu, 20 Jul 1995 04:00:00

says...

Quote:>As it happens, I have a Sony CDU55E and it's connected as a

--
None of the above as you have an IDE CD-ROM. This is supported you
need to pick IDE/ATAPI CD/ROM option if you have this choice. Otherwise

|    "No thanks, we've got all the government we need" - The Tick     |
|              Babylon 5 - Our last, best, hope for victory!          |

1. Cannot find the CD-ROM during the installation

Hi,

I have the "Red Hat 3.0.3 Picasso" release of Linux. I tried to
install it on my PC, but it cannot detect my CD-ROM. I have no
network, no SCSI, but a Creative CD260 CD-ROM. I tried to make 3
different boot disk : boot0000.img, boot0001.img and boot0002.img.
None of them work !

Could someone help me, please !

Thanks very much for help.

Alain.

2. Why slower now?!

3. Problem with mounting Mitsumi FX001D CD-ROM during installation of Slackware 2.0

4. Newbie question

5. Couldn't detect CD-ROM during installation.

6. learning unix

7. CD-ROM isn't recognized during FreeBSD3.4 installation

8. ntpd =< 4.0.99k remote buffer overflow

9. Problems with IDE CD-ROM during Linux installation

10. Cannot find the CD-ROM during the installation

11. Cannot find Sony CDU-33a CD-ROM during installation

12. Cannot find the CD-ROM during installation

13. CD-ROM detected as id "sr0" during boot disk installation