Unable to install SuSE 6.4

Post by Denn » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi I've been unsuccesful in installing the evaluation ISO of SuSE 6.4
on my machine. The installation stops at 66% when detecting my
hardware (YaST2?) I'm not a complete Linux Newbe (I used to use
Debian 2.0), but I'm new to SuSE. What could be wrong?

Here's my machine:

  100 MHz FSB, also no go).
- Asus K7M rev 1.04 mobo with Superbypass enabled.
- 192 MB RAM (PC100, CAS2)
- IBM Pluto 20.5 GB UDMA connected to IDE-1 with the mandatory
  80 pins UDMA cable. IDE auto-detect in BIOS, SMART enabled.
- Adaptec AHA 2940 UW
- Atlas-II 18.2 GB UW, Plextor 20x CD-ROM, Teac R55s CD-R,
  230 MB IBM 3125 MOD (termination is set correctly, I'm sure)
- Creative Labs Annihilator PRO (Geforce DDR card).
- Realtec NE2000 compatible NIC.
- Miro DC10+ (could this one be the problem? I would hate to remove
  this card every time I want to boot Linux).
- Creative Labs Soundblaster 1024 Live!

Dennis.

Unable to install SuSE 6.4

Post by Zonoska » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> Hi I've been unsuccesful in installing the evaluation ISO of SuSE 6.4
> on my machine. The installation stops at 66% when detecting my
> hardware (YaST2?) I'm not a complete Linux Newbe (I used to use
> Debian 2.0), but I'm new to SuSE. What could be wrong?

I Already found the problem, I just had to wait 10 minutes
or so. Does it always take this long?

Dennis

1. Trying to install Suse 6.4..

Hi - Suse 6.4 is having a problem recognizing my CDROM: it's a Pioneer
DR766 SCSI, the SCSI adapter is SIIG SC2459 BIOS version 1.0. The
manuals aren't very straightforward. They discuss differnt kernel
parameters and so forth but I couldn't find anything for my particular
hardware configuration. At present I can't boot from CDROM, neither
is loadlin able to mount the CDROM. Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
EL Squid

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Newbie Q: ISP dialup in Solaris8

3. HELP: Installing gtk+ in SuSE 6.4 PPC

4. IT press waking up to their bad predictions...

5. Linksys install problem on Suse 6.4

6. gethostname error in talk and lpq

7. Installing WordPerfect on SuSE 6.4

8. PLEASE HELP ME AGAIN!!!!

9. NFS SuSE 6.0 -> SuSE 6.4 don`t work

10. installing suse 6.4

11. installing & using true type fonts with suse 6.4, kde gui and netscape 4.72

12. Problems installing Suse 6.4

13. Installing SuSE 6.4 on indigo iMac