RedHat 3.0.3 GMT vs LOCAL CMOS time setting?

RedHat 3.0.3 GMT vs LOCAL CMOS time setting?

Post by Walter B Kulecz P » Tue, 23 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I realized I must have answered the question "CMOS clock in local or GMT time"
incorrectly on install.  Where is this saved? so I can reverse the entry from
GMT back to local time (resetting the CMOS clock will cause problems when the
machine boots winXX which I have to do from more frequently than I might like).

--wally.

RedHat 3.0.3 GMT vs LOCAL CMOS time setting?

Post by Jim Littlefie » Tue, 23 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I realized I must have answered the question "CMOS clock in local or GMT time"
>incorrectly on install.  Where is this saved? so I can reverse the entry from
>GMT back to local time (resetting the CMOS clock will cause problems when the
>machine boots winXX which I have to do from more frequently than I might like).

Look for the "clock" command in one of the rc files in /etc/rc.d (I can't
remember which one it is ;). The man pages for "clock" will tell you which
flags to use.

--
Jim Littlefield                  "I got a new shadow. I had to get rid of
                                  the other one...it wasn't doing what I

Post by Jim Van Zan » Tue, 23 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I realized I must have answered the question "CMOS clock in local or GMT time"
>incorrectly on install.  Where is this saved? so I can reverse the entry from
>GMT back to local time

For Slackware: execute "setup" again, as root.

Or: edit /etc/rc.d/rc.S, while consulting the relevant man pages
(clock(8), date(1)) in another VC.

                               - Jim Van Zandt

RedHat 3.0.3 GMT vs LOCAL CMOS time setting?

Post by Walter B Kulecz P » Tue, 23 Jul 1996 04:00:00

says...

>>I realized I must have answered the question "CMOS clock in local or GMTtime"
>>incorrectly on install.  Where is this saved? so I can reverse the entry from
>>GMT back to local time (resetting the CMOS clock will cause problems when the
>>machine boots winXX which I have to do from more frequently than I might

>Look for the "clock" command in one of the rc files in /etc/rc.d (I can't
>remember which one it is ;). The man pages for "clock" will tell you which
>flags to use.

Thanks, this gave me the clue I needed.

look in:
          /etc/sysconfig/clock

And change:
          CLOCKMODE="GMT"

        to:
          CLOCKMODE=""

'man 8 clock' gives the options, although the if [ CLOCKMODE="ARC" ] -A option
appears undocumented.

--wally.

1. GMT vs. Local Time -- Some help please!

Hello,

Just installed SuSE 5.3 and am having one problem: When logged in as a
regular user, my time displays as GMT instead of as local time. Logging
in as root I see the local time.

I can't figure out how to fix this. SuSE has a configuration program
(YaST) which lets me specify the time zone, but somehow this is only
taking effect for root, not for regular users.

--
Robert Paulsen                         http://paulsen.home.texas.net
If my return address contains "ZAP." please remove it. Sorry for the

2. Asus P2bs

3. TIME, GMT vs local

4. Device Driver Develpment on an SGI Challenge L

5. GMT vs local time

6. Linux firewall Filter for network

7. How to set correct time: GMT vs. Daylight Saving?

8. missing memset in divas and eicon in 2.2.20

9. Convert local time to gmt time without using TimeZone Env variable

10. convert UT time in local time / local time in UT time

11. Converting GMT to local time

12. GMT and local time manipulation in Solaris 2.x