How to setup two terminals, two keyboards, two mouses?

How to setup two terminals, two keyboards, two mouses?

Post by Ta Cheng L » Fri, 21 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Hello all:

I have a spare monitor and a spare video card. Instead of letting them
getting dust, I am thinking of setting up two monitors, two keyboards,
and two mouses to my Linux box. So I can do programming and at the
same time my wife can play games at the other terminal.

There are still  spare slots for one more vidoe card. COM2 can be used
for the other serial mouse. I can't figure out how to set up the other
keyboard.

Has anybody done this?

Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated

--
***************************
*ia Tech

***************************

1. Q: Two mouse pointers using two mice possible in X, possible?

I have both a PS/2 and a USB mouse connected to X and it's working fine.
But, as is standard, both move the same mouse pointer.
Is it possible to assign a separate mouse pointer to each, i.e. to have
a second independent pointer? I feel I would be able to work more
efficiently if I could have two mouse pointers on screen associated each
with their own mouse.

Thanks for any info!

2. de660ct with linux

3. Two separate mouse pointers for two mice on one display, possible?

4. IN.POPD for NCR Unix?

5. two routers (two wans) connecting to one lan using two nics.

6. Installation problems.

7. two dsl connections, two routers, dual nics on linux box , want to run two websites

8. Disk utilization

9. two vid cards vs. single dual-head, USB for second keyboard?

10. two displays, one keyboard, two dtlogin ?

11. Two Monitors + Two Keyboards

12. two drives, two linux systems, lilo setup ?

13. Two screen desktop, sharing a keyboard and mouse