Original boot floppy: error 0x10

Post by milton po » Mon, 03 Apr 1995 05:00:00

I just got the 1.2 meg "bare" file for Slackware 2.2.0.  I used
rawrite to build a 5 1/4 inch floppy boot disk.  After I get the boot:
prompt, I press enter, and after accessing the diskette a moment, it
comes back and says: Error 0x10, then prompts me with: Boot: ramdisk.

I get the same error with the other two images on the disk.  One is
mount, (the command I tried is: mount root=/dev/fd0).

I'm running on a 386 with 8 meg.  I got the boot image file as well as
the gzip and rawrite utilities from tsx-11.mit.edu.

--Milton--