perl 5.003 compilation problems on Linux 2.0.0

perl 5.003 compilation problems on Linux 2.0.0

Post by Michael Castill » Mon, 05 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I was wondering if someone could give me some advice.

I am trying to compile perl 5.003 on my linux box, but when I run the
make test it fails three tests.

The first test to fail is the lib/anydbm test. Unresolved symbol
dbm_open.

The second test, lib/gdbm, and the third test, lib/obdm fail on the same
thing, Unresolved symbol gdbm_open.

The thing is that when I run the configure script interactively I
clearly specify not to include these libraries. The script also searches
and displays that these libraries will not be included.

My question is, is it ok to leave it like that?
If not, then where can I get these libraries? I already downloaded and
installed gdbm 1.7.3 and db 1.8.5. I still get the same problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

1. Perl 5.003 compilation problems.

Hello All,

Having some small problems here.  I installed solaris 2.5 on an x86.  I
added
gcc 2.7.2 (the 2.5.1 package and ran the fixincludes script).  I am now
in
the process of trying to add perl, but the main configure script seems
produce this error

Generating a list of signal names and numbers...
awk: record `ZERO HUP INT QUIT IL...' too long

I hacked the Configure script (by inserting the correct signal values).
And when
I recompile afterwards it gives me

mg.c: In function `rsignal':
mg.c:601: storage size of `act' isn't known
mg.c:601: storage size of `oact' isn't known

Now, have I made some sort of blunder?  I've followed all instructions,
and I don't
really have the time to invest to go through the source code to find out
why 'act'
isn't known.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Dan

2. REPOST: NTFS driver released

3. ?DBM / Apache 1.1.1 ELF / Linux 2.0.19 / Slackware / Perl 5.003

4. shellz

5. Perl 5.001 --> 5.003 problem

6. Question about "Interrupted system call" and signals

7. Problem Compiling Perl 5.003

8. MMAP vs. shared memory, which is faster?

9. Perl 5.003/Redhat Linux 2.0 err wants gnu/types.ph

10. Anyone Compile PERL 5.003 for LINUX successfully?

11. Perl 5.003 on Sol 2.5.1

12. perl 5.003

13. Apache 1.2b/fastcgi/Perl 5.003 on HP-UX 10.01