Patch LMS/Philips CD205/225/202 (driver is available as a kernel patch)

Patch LMS/Philips CD205/225/202 (driver is available as a kernel patch)

Post by Stephen P. Math » Tue, 06 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Anyone know where this patch can be found and what the file name is?

1. Philips/LMS CM205 unrecognized by lmscd0.4.diff-patched 1.2.6 kernel

I'm attempting to include support for a Media Vision Fusion CD 16 sound
system in the Linux 1.2.6 kernel.  The Media Vision product consists of
a Pro Audio Spectrum 16(P) sound card, which features an LMS250 adapter,
coupled with an LMS CM205 CD drive.  I've obtained and applied the
appropriate kernel patch lmscd0.4.diff.  I supplied the LMS 'make
config' questions with appropriate IRQ and I/O values.  Booting the new
kernel still meets with failure where the LMS support is concerned.

Question 1:  Anyone recognize the LMSCD errors below, produced with
increased debugging levels in lmscd.c.

Question 2:  When I cat /proc/devices I do not see a block device
associated with the CD drive.  Why would this be the case, given an
ostensibly successful kernel compilation?

Question 3:  As an aside, OS/2 Warp sees the drive as a CM205 during its
(successful) installation.  However, with the first boot after
installation, it forces me to change the 205 to 206 in the associated
BASEDEV statement in config.sys before it will let me dir the drive.  As
you will note below, the adapter is not the problem --- it's the drive.

Excerpts of the kernel messages at boot time follow:

kernel: Kernel logging (proc) started.
kernel: FDC 0 is a 8272A
kernel: resetting CM250 CD-ROM adapter: successfull
kernel: resetting CD-ROM drive: LMSCD: resetting drive; cd_read_retry = 0
kernel: pending interrupts now: 1
kernel: LMSCD: timeout: 2 retries left
kernel: LMSCD: lms_retry_command() called, after 1 of 9 command bytes sent
kernel: LMSCD: command = 3a 9c 9c 9c 9c 9c 9c 9c 9c
kernel: pending interrupts now: 1
kernel: LMSCD: timeout: 1 retries left
kernel: LMSCD: lms_retry_command() called, after 0 of 9 command bytes sent
kernel: LMSCD: command = 3a 9c 9c 9c 9c 9c 9c 9c 9c
kernel: pending interrupts now: 1
kernel: LMSCD: timeout: 0 retries left
kernel: LMSCD: resetting/identifying drive failed!
kernel: LMSCD: cd_identify = 1
kernel: failed

Anyone have an idea?

Thanks.

Mark S. Petrovic

2. XFree86 4.0.1 and Helix-Gnome only works for root

3. LMS/Philips CD-rom patch

4. need a guru / monk / bofh ...

5. Philips 225 CD-ROM Recorder

6. Bye, Bye Mouse Pointer!

7. CD-ROM Install w/ PAS16 and LMS CD205

8. library file resolve + xmh problems

9. Phillips LMS CDROM kernel patch

10. Intergraph Interpro 225: Is a Linux available

11. Patches, patches and more patches

12. Patches Patches Patches

13. Patches, Patches, Patches