Help CD-ROM Sound Blaster 16 install.

Post by mc.. » Wed, 22 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Thanks for read my message.
I am trying mount a  Sound Blaster 16  cd-rom.
It's a CR563 Matsushita-Kotobuki model.
I have already istalled Linux using the same cd-rom.
My CD-ROM has the following setup: Irq=10, Port=300.
The system  reports it is not a block device.
Please tell me what to do as simple and clear as possible. I am a novice and
I have NO experience in Unix systems.

Thanks everybody for time and assistence.
Marcelo Cury

Post by Ian Boy » Wed, 29 Nov 1995 04:00:00

: Thanks for read my message.
: I am trying mount a  Sound Blaster 16  cd-rom.
: It's a CR563 Matsushita-Kotobuki model.
: I have already istalled Linux using the same cd-rom.
: My CD-ROM has the following setup: Irq=10, Port=300.
: The system  reports it is not a block device.

I have the same problem with a SB16 and Panasonic CD. When the
system boots it displays:

Checking for CD ... Unable to identify CD_ROM format
end-request I/O error dev 2100 sector 64
isofs_read_super bread failed dev 0x2100 iso_blknum 16
No CD found

This is with the Linux 3.0 CD in the drive

The sound card is set to the defaults and  linux installed
successfully from the CD drive

Anybody have any ideas what is wrong

Thanks for any help
Ian Boyes

Post by Jeffrey Burkl » Wed, 29 Nov 1995 04:00:00

> : Thanks for read my message.
> : I am trying mount a  Sound Blaster 16  cd-rom.
> : It's a CR563 Matsushita-Kotobuki model.
> : I have already istalled Linux using the same cd-rom.
> : My CD-ROM has the following setup: Irq=10, Port=300.
> : The system  reports it is not a block device.

> I have the same problem with a SB16 and Panasonic CD. When the
> system boots it displays:

> Checking for CD ... Unable to identify CD_ROM format
> end-request I/O error dev 2100 sector 64
> isofs_read_super bread failed dev 0x2100 iso_blknum 16
> No CD found

> This is with the Linux 3.0 CD in the drive

> The sound card is set to the defaults and  linux installed
> successfully from the CD drive

> Anybody have any ideas what is wrong

> Thanks for any help
> Ian BoyesYou need to install one of the kernals from the Q series.  Which on

depends on the CD that you have.  For the best reuslt, recompile the
kernal so that it supports your configuation.  There is a HOWTO that
explains how to recompile the kernal.

Colin Gilyeat