vgalib troubles

Post by Jon Abbot » Fri, 05 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem with running DOOM using vgalib.so.1..
It tries to load the library and says "exec format error".
Basically anything that uses that library (except the game
Abuse, I don't know how but it works fine) gives me that error.
Can someone please email me (preferably) with how to fix this?
If anyone needs more info, please let me know.

btw: the x/windows version runs fine although I really prefer
the console version if I could get it working.

System info:
Gateway 2000 486DX2/50
Linux 1.3.79 (ELF/a.out)
8MB RAM/850MB HD

Thanks!
+------------+------------------------------------------------+
| Jon Abbott | "..I pronounce Linux as Linux" -Linus Torvalds |
| Orlando,FL |  I'm a dedicated Quake junkie even at 3 fps... |
+------------+------------------------------------------------+
|  For the future in PC *, please be sure to check out:  |
|         ftp://quake.best.com/pub/idsoftware/quake/          |
|   It contains the Quake Test Version, and much much more!   |
|  Why purchase a Macintosh when you can simply emulate one?  |
|               http://www.veryComputer.com/ for details               |
+----------------------------------+--------------------------+

+----------------------------------+--------------------------+

1. Trouble with vgalib demo program

Hi,

I've got a problem with the demo program that shows off the vgalib
graphics routines.

I can't use it unless I'm root. If I'm logged on as a user, then it
gives me an error saying it can't use the device or something.

I don't want to write graphics programs when I'm logged on as root, so
what should I do?

Thanks,

 /\/\ |Patrick Draper                        Mr. Order, he runs at a|
/ /_.\|Cambridge Technology Partners, Inc.      good pace, but old  |

 \/\/ |Lansing, Michigan                          winning the race. |

2. Suffer the little child...

3. More@!!.. Panasonic/SB-CD troubles, trouble, trouble...

4. Finger - Is there a version that supports shadows?

5. Trouble, trouble, trouble - SCSI ?

6. Wanted: Musical notation editor for Linux

7. Vgalib

8. FreeBSD 3.4 Hangs on "Loading kernel..."

9. Help: Ghostscript can't read vgalib

10. Marginally useful program using vgalib

11. Assembler AND VGAlib

12. VGAlib driver for ghostscript

13. Vgalib.so.1