i encountered problem configuring ppp for dialin server for linux
about system on which i'm configuring dialin server:
1. pentium-celeron 266 MHz, 32 MB RAM
2. modem - GVC 33.6 kbps external connected at ttyS1
3. using RedHat 5.2 linux
xwindows is not working on my system
Please help me out i already attempted a lot to solve the problem but
i gon through these steps while configuring...
1. change in /etc/inittab file : added a line --
S2:2345:respawn:/sbin/mgetty ttyS1 -D /dev/ttyS1
2. change in file /etc/mgetty+sendfax/login.config :
removed # from line colntaining /AutoPPP/
now line is looking like --
/AutoPPP/ - - /usr/sbin/pppd file /etc/ppp/options.ttyS1
3. also gave command : chmod u+s /usr/sbin/pppd
4. add this line to /etc/bashrc:
alias ppp="exec /usr/sbin/pppd -detach"
5. made a file /etc/ppp/options.ttyS1 with following content
my machine's ip address is 127.0.0.1
i dont want PAP or any authentication for login,
the problem is that server is reciving a call when calling from win95
and after that its disconnecting automatically after some time if i'm
not opting for
"Bring up terminal window after dialing"
and if i'm opting for "Bring up terminal window after dialing" then
it is opening terminal window and asking for login and password after
it's leaving me at command prompt then when i give ppp it allocates me
127.0.0.2 and then again disconnects me automatically. so not getting
ppp to work
please guide me where i'm wrong and what should i do now.
Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.