rc.S HELP!!!!!!!!

Post by David N. Moreno (El Gua » Wed, 01 Jan 1997 04:00:00

[ Article crossposted from comp.os.linux.misc ]
[ Author was David N. Moreno (El Guapo) ]
[ Posted on 31 Dec 1996 20:00:03 GMT ]

Hey,
I am trying to set up a serial terminal, and convince my box that the irq
for my modem is 5
so I comment out the appropriate line in /etc/inittab, and no problem.
I use setserial to tell linux that them interrupt for /dev/cua2 is 5,
again no problem.
But when I try to set up the irq in rc.serial, IT NEVER WORKS
I can seem to get rc.serial to run, which I traced back to rc.S not
getting run, which seems strange, since the second or third command in
inittab is to invoke rc.S. So, is rc.S really runnning and not calling
rc.serial, and if not why is rc.S not being run?

HELP ME PLEASE, I am gonna recompile with a big aluminum baseball bat.
just kidding.
Dave,
post or email, thanks.

If at first you don't succeed,
Destroy all evidence and blame someone else

If at first you don't succeed,
Destroy all evidence and blame someone else

1. difference between /etc/rc.sysinit and /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit ?

What is the difference between /etc/rc.sysinit and /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit?
I am using Redhat 8. I did a diff on them and they are identical.
/etc/rc.sysinit is apparently a copy of /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit since it
says that it is that file, even though it's not (see below).

#!/bin/bash
#
# /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit - run once at boot time

I want to change something in whichever of these scripts is run at
bootup, but I don't know which one gets run.

Thanks,
Russell

2. Latest version of RealPlayer for RH6.1

3. which user does /etc/rc.d/rc.local / rc.sysinit run as?

4. How to show lastlogin with kdm

5. SOLVED - Raid rc.0, rc.6 rc.S

6. nlist() where ?

7. need help with /etc/rc.d/rc.local problem

8. PPTP via ipchains and SuSE 7.2 with 2.4.x kernel

9. Trouble with /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit root mount

10. RH7.3: LVM & /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit

11. call to ldconfig in /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit question

12. 2.2.19 Debian no rc.d or rc.local ????!!!!!!

13. Where's RedHat rc.inet1, rc.inet2 files??