TEAC CD-55A Problem

Post by pentang » Sun, 11 Feb 1996 04:00:00

>>My TEAC CD-55A attached to a Sound Blaster 16 board is not working.
>>When I boot Linux 1.2.8 I get the following message from sbpcd.c:
>>Init ResponseStatus returns FFFFFFFF9D

>>The CD is recognized by sbpcd.c and is identified as a CD-55.  Ths light
>>on the CD flashes twice, and the tray opens and closes twice.  When the
>>system attempts to mount it, there is no activity on the CD.  Then the
>>mount fails.

>>I am running the Slackware 2.3 distribution.
>>Can anybody shed some light on this problem.
>>Thank you in advance.

>>Tom Budar

>Get a newer kernel (eg. 1.2.13 or better).  Also make sure that you
>have a DATA disk loaded that is ISO9660 format.  Then check your
>tables to make sure that the OS for which you want to run is listed.
>This will look some like  /dev/sbpcd   /cdrom  ISO9660   1  1.  I also
>have one of these piece of *drives and pulled my hair out trying
>to get it work under 1.2.x.  If you get it working let me know if you
>can get workman to work under X.

>Don
>Donald D. Warden, II

>http://www.veryComputer.com/~dwarden

 I know this *also well, but its works at less always  fine , also when I
installed Linux  for the first time. Be sure you selected the
Panasonic.-Interface.
 On second maschine, Iam using a new 6X IDE/ATAPI "Wearnes"
 and this is a  real horrorable experience. I can't install unless Iam
 using "Plug and Play Linux" from Yggdrasil.

TEAC CD-55A Problem

Post by Donald D. Warden, » Sun, 11 Feb 1996 04:00:00

>My TEAC CD-55A attached to a Sound Blaster 16 board is not working.
>When I boot Linux 1.2.8 I get the following message from sbpcd.c:
>Init ResponseStatus returns FFFFFFFF9D

>The CD is recognized by sbpcd.c and is identified as a CD-55.  Ths light
>on the CD flashes twice, and the tray opens and closes twice.  When the
>system attempts to mount it, there is no activity on the CD.  Then the
>mount fails.

>I am running the Slackware 2.3 distribution.
>Can anybody shed some light on this problem.
>Thank you in advance.

>Tom Budar

Get a newer kernel (eg. 1.2.13 or better).  Also make sure that you
have a DATA disk loaded that is ISO9660 format.  Then check your
tables to make sure that the OS for which you want to run is listed.
This will look some like  /dev/sbpcd   /cdrom  ISO9660   1  1.  I also
have one of these piece of *drives and pulled my hair out trying
to get it work under 1.2.x.  If you get it working let me know if you
can get workman to work under X.

Don
Donald D. Warden, II

http://www.veryComputer.com/~dwarden

1. Need sbpcd.h & sbpcd.c setup for TEAC CD-55A using TEAC interface card!

        I just installed linux on my system, and I'm having the usual
difficulties setting up my system. I compiled a new kernel (1.2.9) in hopes
of correcting the problem, but that got me nowhere with respect to my CD-ROM.

        If I include support for the sbpcd in the config, the system can find
the drive but it hangs after trying to set /dev/hdb1 and simply stops. I've
tried setting the card address (0x320,0) in the lilo line (sbpcd=0x320,0)
which shortens the search time but does nothing else. Without sbpcd support,
the system boots fine (except for the tape drive support, which I'm still
working on).

        If anyone has a copy of sbpcd.h and sbpcd.c configured for this
combination that they could send via email, it would be greatly appreciated.

--

       Department of Social Sciences =*= Jackson Community College
       73 de KE8HH =*= Finger either address for my pgp public key

2. total thread number in one process?

3. TEAC CD 55A with TEAC 16bit card -- Help

4. routing problem

5. Teac Cd 55a and Teac Card

6. why does 'popen' use /bin/sh?

7. Problem supporting SB-MCD & TEAC CD-55A

8. get macaddr.

9. Teac CD-55A 16-Bit Problem

10. TEAC CD-55A on Linux, problem!

11. TEAC CD-55A CD-ROM driver????