Help please Samba hangs boot up

Post by lkhs » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I installed Samba  on my Redhat 5.2 system and now it hangs during the
boot up process. I get as far as
Starting SMB services : smbd nmbd
Linuxconfig  final setup
-
and then it just sits there and does nothing further..
How do I get back into Redhat? If I use init= /bin/sh, what do I do then? Must I
delete the Samba client in user/home? I tried that, but it tells me that the
file is read protected? Maybe it is not even the right thing to do? How do I
reslove this problem.

best regards,

Help please Samba hangs boot up

Post by lkhs » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Still no help forth coming?

best,

> I installed Samba  on my Redhat 5.2 system and now it hangs during the
> boot up process. I get as far as
> Starting SMB services : smbd nmbd
> Linuxconfig  final setup
> -
> and then it just sits there and does nothing further..
> How do I get back into Redhat? If I use init= /bin/sh, what do I do then? Must I
> delete the Samba client in user/home? I tried that, but it tells me that the
> file is read protected? Maybe it is not even the right thing to do? How do I
> reslove this problem.

> best regards,

1. UPS - software driver for the APC Smart UPS - 600 (Please HELP )

Can someone please point me to the right resource about this ?

Any hints/pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Sandy
--

Life is like an onion; the essence is in the whole not in the
peeling of  layers, and  analyzing  what's within, you'd be

2. tomcat errors -- start on startup

3. Uanble to boot with LINUX boot disk - new user - help help help, PLEASE !!

4. xwindows setup question. Fontserver?

5. IDE VESA DRIVER?

6. Booting process hangs !!! Please help

7. SpeedCom RW-56K

8. Help please - Samba- Can't get into Redhat during boot

9. Hang during boot... please help?

10. System hangs on booting Linux . Please HELP

11. Please help! Hangs on boot!

12. SCSI card hangs boot - please help!