Palm Pilot Vx to connet with Evolution under Ximian Gnome / Debian

Palm Pilot Vx to connet with Evolution under Ximian Gnome / Debian

Post by Otto Kek?l?ine » Tue, 25 Sep 2001 03:24:39

I'm trying to get my Pilot to interact with Evolution under Ximian Gnome /
Debian.

The /dev/ttyS* -devices belong to the dialup-group, and since my user is
a member of that group I should be able to connect to the cardle, but
when I go to the Gnome Control Center -> Pilot Conduits and the run the
automatic configuration my Pilot does not connect to it.

After asking some info, the automatic conf-thing asks me to press the
hotsync on my pilot. I've tried switching ttyS0 and ttyS1 but the Pilot,
but the connection is never successful.

Where could the problem be?

I've read HOWTOs on linuxdoc.org, but can't find anything useful..
I would really appreciate any help!

Thanks!

Palm Pilot Vx to connet with Evolution under Ximian Gnome / Debian

Post by Otto Kek?l?ine » Tue, 25 Sep 2001 05:38:51

I also wonder why in the Gnome Control Center Pilot Link and Pilot
Conduits show exactly the same thing (user and device). Where are users
supposed to install new files to theis Pilots..?

1. Palm Pilot Vx to work under Ximain Gnome - have still not succeeded

As said in the subject, I have a Palm Pilot Vx and I'm trying to get it
to work with my Linux (newly installed Debian potato) and especially to
cooperate with sofware under the Ximian Gnome.

I've installed the gnome-pilot and pilot-link softwares with Red Carpet,
and I have gotten my machine and the pilot to speak with each other now.
I'm even running an gnome pilot applet succesfully and it recognises when
I press the sync-button.

But no interoperability with any software have I got to work.

First of all, is my installation buggy because in the GNOME control
center sections Pilot Conduits and Pilot Link show exactly the same
content?

When I execute the sync it seems to run properly, but where does any
files get saved? My pilot-directory is empty, so I can't get any software
to read the files got from my pilot..

I've read all howtos and helps, but I haven't found any that would be
specificly written to users of Ximian gnome or to the users of the gnome
control center..

I desperately need help with this!

-Otto

2. ftp is not accepting the password

3. Syncing a Palm Vx with Gnome Pilot on RedHat 8.0

4. Have DOS, OS/2...how to install BSD? HELP!

5. Gnome-Pilot Fails to Communicate with Palm Pilot

6. Sparcprinter E problems with 2.5.1

7. Palm Pilot and Ximian

8. I need a Linux monitor!!!!

9. Installing palm files on Linux with Ximian Evolution

10. What is the difference between evolution in RH8 and evolution from Ximian?

11. Ximian GNOME Evolution question

12. Problems with Ximan GNOME and Evolution 1.0 and Pilot Link

13. GNOME/Palm Pilot