Kernel booting error - "Error 0x00" any ideas??

Kernel booting error - "Error 0x00" any ideas??

Post by Bill LaGr » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi..
I have RH6.1, and compiled a new kernel to leave out some of the stuff
i'll never use and to put some other stuff in that i will....the
problem is after its compiled, installed,LILO updated etc. whenever i
try to boot the new kernel, it gets past LILO, comes up with Booting
Kernal and gets about 6 dots across..then stops with "Error 0x00" and
goes back to the LILO prompt.  Booting with the original kernel works
fine.  Any ideas? I also noticed about 5 minutes ago that the drive is
only being detected as 530mb or something and its 1Gb, the BIOS
detects it properly but the little info panel lists it as being
smaller...is this (probably) related?
Thanks
Bill.

Kernel booting error - "Error 0x00" any ideas??

Post by Andr » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

The Lilo user guide suggests this is an "internal error". It might be caused
by corrupt files. Try rebuilding the  map file. Another possible cause is
attempting to access cylinders beyond 1024 while using the linear option.
The user guide has lots of other useful stuff in it, its well worth a browse.

Andrew.