SMP options in kernel

Post by Denes Sziebert » Thu, 07 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I was told to set the maximum amount of shared memory between processors
among the kernel options. Can anyone tell me  how to do that?

            Denes Szieberth

1. Booting SMP kernel on non-SMP machines?

Folks,

    Can I take it (based on recent experience) that it's a really bad idea
to try to boot an SMP kernel on non-SMP machines?  What about booting a
non-SMP kernel on SMP machines?

    Just curious, I suspect I'll know the answer to this question from
direct personal experience before any of you get a chance to answer me,
but I would at least like to hear some of the reasons why this
should/should not work.

    Thanks!

--

    <http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE38CCEF1>

2. LTT for 2.5.37 9/9: ARM trace support

3. compiling non-smp kernel on smp machine - wrong signature!

4. Using Mozilla browser with Kmail

5. RH-Linux SMP support (kernel-smp-2.4.18-27.7)

6. Network licensing

7. Kernel uncorrectly forces cruft option when some options of mkisofs are used

8. will GeForce work with Redhat 6.0?

9. kernel options - how do i know what options were compiled on install

10. NCPU and other SMP options not supported in 4.3?

11. SMP option to use less CPUs?

12. How to reproduce SuSE 7.2 SMP kernel from its kernel source?

13. Kernel 2.4.14, arch/i386/kernel/apm.c, SMP power-off busted?