Motif

Post by learn.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I got RedHat Linux and install on my PC. Does anyone know where I can
download Motif or Free Motif? Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Motif

Post by Daniel N » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

there is lesstif, free version of Motif.
It is in redhat's powertools

> I got RedHat Linux and install on my PC. Does anyone know where I can
> download Motif or Free Motif? Thanks.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Motif

http://www.veryComputer.com/

--
Brian Lavender
Sacramento,CA

"I hate to advocate *, *, *, or insanity to
anyone, but they've always worked for me."
                                -- Hunter S. Thompson

1. Upgrading 1.3.x/Motif 2.0 system to 2.0.33/Motif 2.1 -- any problems/gotchas?

I've just ordered the SuSE 5.2 and Motif 2.1 Developer Pack ($99.95, good
deal) from LSL, which I plan to put on my new toy -- a P2/400 (Supermicro

machine -- a P5/120 (Aladdin/Triton PCI, AHA-2940 SCSI, ATI Mach64). Both
machines have 3Com 900 NICs.

So I want to upgrade the old machine as well -- it's a while since I've
spent much time with Linux that I'm pretty rusty; I remember the system as
sort of mixed elf/aout. The kernel .config says:

CONFIG_BINFMT_ELF is not set
#CONFIG_KERNEL_ELF is not set

I think what the comment signifies is that there is kernel support for ELF,
but the kernel itself wasn't compiled in ELF format. Does that sound right?

Basically I'm up for advice on any of this - any possible problems, things
to look out for...

2. How to determine which members of one list are missing in another using bash and standard tools

3. Motif++ available for linux/Metrolink Motif

4. two EEPRO100B Ethernetcard in one Linuxbox

5. Motif Programming Manual and Motif Reference Manual by O'Reilly now free

6. NFS Pains!

7. Announce: Motif release to Open Source Community leads to Open Motif Everywhere on PPC

8. xfree 24 bit color icon fix

9. Workstation Motif to PC Motif Portability

10. Motif release to Open Source Community leads to Open Motif Everywhere

11. Free Motif Support at Motifzone.net - the site for Motif Developers (monthly post)

12. Announce: Motif release to Open Source Community leads to Open Motif Everywhere

13. Help. Porting from Motif 1.2 to Motif 2.0