Putting ICONS on X-Windows Desktop

Post by Thomas Rinehar » Tue, 25 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Can anyone tell me how to put files like Netscape on the X-window desktop
so
I can point and click them to execute.  I am using the desktop that looks
like Win95.

1. How do I put icons in X-windows?

How do I go about installing icons in x on the desktop and in the menu?  For
example, I just installed Netscape 4.05, but I can only launch it from an
xterm.  I would also like to create a group in the menu for the utilities
that I use, so how is it done? I am using X 3.3.1 under slackware 3.4
(2.0.30).

Thank you in advance....

Please remove the "nospam" to respond by e-mail.

2. are X86 and SPARC binaries compatible?

3. Putting Icons on Desktop Window Maker 0.20.1

4. Need Help !! Can't setup network card !

6. Please help me

7. How to put an shortcut icon on the GNOME desktop for directory listing?

8. Disappoint on phoenix...

9. KDE desktop icons won't stay put

10. X-Windows comes up, when I bring up an Xterm, X-Windows quits

11. After Install X-windows comes up I run Xterm, X-windows quits

12. Program icons vanished under the X-windows

13. Color icons in X-windows?