Help Getting Gateway 2000 Mouse port mouse working w/ X

Help Getting Gateway 2000 Mouse port mouse working w/ X

Post by epa.. » Mon, 02 Jun 1997 04:00:00

I'm installing X using the XF96Setup command and can't get the mouse to
work. I tried all the devices, protocols and baud rates to no avail.
Can someone give me some pointers? I'm using a MS ergo-mouse plugged
into the mouse port. I've gotten it working before w/ a serial mouse
but not a mouse port mouse.

I would appreciate E-Mail replies... I don't get to the groups all the
time but I'll check to groups regardless

Thanks in Advance !

Ed Padin, Systems Integration Consultant, NYC/USA
    " Lead or get out of the way! "

Net-Tamer V 1.08 Palm Top - Registered

Post by Ken McCor » Mon, 02 Jun 1997 04:00:00

> I'm installing X using the XF96Setup command and can't get the mouse to
> work. I tried all the devices, protocols and baud rates to no avail.
> Can someone give me some pointers? I'm using a MS ergo-mouse plugged
> into the mouse port. I've gotten it working before w/ a serial mouse
> but not a mouse port mouse.

> I would appreciate E-Mail replies... I don't get to the groups all the
> time but I'll check to groups regardless

> Thanks in Advance !

> Ed Padin, Systems Integration Consultant, NYC/USA
>     " Lead or get out of the way! "

> Net-Tamer V 1.08 Palm Top - Registered

Try PS/2 Mouse.

Note that a bus-port mouse and PS/2 mouse are different; even though
they use the same connector.

BTW, if you have your machine set up for dual-boot, does the mouse work
in DOS/Windows 3.x/Win 95??  If so, what driver are you using there??

Ken

Post by D. Bak » Mon, 02 Jun 1997 04:00:00

>> I'm installing X using the XF96Setup command and can't get the mouse to
>> work. I tried all the devices, protocols and baud rates to no avail.
>> Can someone give me some pointers? I'm using a MS ergo-mouse plugged
>> into the mouse port. I've gotten it working before w/ a serial mouse
>> but not a mouse port mouse.

>> I would appreciate E-Mail replies... I don't get to the groups all the
>> time but I'll check to groups regardless

>> Thanks in Advance !

>> Ed Padin, Systems Integration Consultant, NYC/USA
>>     " Lead or get out of the way! "

>> Net-Tamer V 1.08 Palm Top - Registered
>Try PS/2 Mouse.
>Note that a bus-port mouse and PS/2 mouse are different; even though
>they use the same connector.
>BTW, if you have your machine set up for dual-boot, does the mouse work
>in DOS/Windows 3.x/Win 95??  If so, what driver are you using there??
>Ken

-------------------------

Before starting x-windows do this.

ps -aux | grep gpm

If gpm is running you need to kill that process before
starting x-windows

do a kill on gpm process number if gpm is running.

kill -9 xxx

example

kill -9 147

Now start x-windows

startx

Doug

-------------------------

Before starting x-windows do this.

ps -aux | grep gpm

If gpm is running you need to kill that process before
starting x-windows

do a kill on gpm process number if gpm is running.

kill -9 xxx

example

kill -9 147

Now start x-windows

startx

Doug

1. MOUSE - BUSMICE - Gateway 2000 mouse wont work

Dear All,

I've got a Gateway 2000 P75 running Linux Slaxkware 3.4 almost prefectly
except the busmouse!  Ive read the HOWTO's and think I'm configuring all ok
but the mouse still cannot be seen.  This seems to be Kernel level? because
gpm -t with every type of supported mouse i.e. all those in gpm -t help
will not work.  Do I need to recompile the kernel?  Has anyone else done
this.  The mouse is aa PS2.

2. Linux...Can it run MS-DOS progrm?

3. What kind of mouse is Microsoft mouse on Gateway-2000 ?

4. change colour configuration

5. MS Mouse port on Gateway 2000 P5-60

6. Resurrection of Mobo Question

7. BUSMICE - Gateway 2000 mouse wont work

8. Samba - Browsing windows systems from Linux ?

9. BUSMICE - Gateway 2000 mouse wont work.

10. Need help with GATEWAY 2000 mouse

11. Gateway 2000 P5-90 system: Mouse problems--which type-HELP!!!!!

12. Gateway 2000 mouse/video board

13. Microsoft PS/2 bus mouse on Gateway 2000