Is there a release of linux supporting DMA66?

Is there a release of linux supporting DMA66?

Post by ray » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

    Not that I know of, yet, support IS in the current development
kernel, I am running that kernel, so far, issue-free.
The folks who do distros won't have it for a while, yet, as they are
constrained to released stuff. I don't have the
harware to CHECK the /66 issue, so can't say about that, beyond the
documentation.

--
Ray R. Jones

HTTP://gordo.penguinpowered.com
Ray's Linux gordo.penguinpowered.com 2.4.0-test2

Is there a release of linux supporting DMA66?

Post by Buchan Miln » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Mandrake has supported it from 7.0 I am currently in post-install of 7.1
on a machine with a HPT366 udma controller, but running into some minor
problems. The install, though, wnet very well.

Manrake uses a patched-stable kernel, and also support the resierFS

Buchan

Post by buchan.mi.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Mandrake has supported it from 7.0 I am currently in post-install of
 7.1
on a machine with a HPT366 udma controller, but running into some
 minor
problems. The install, though, wnet very well.

Manrake uses a patched-stable kernel, and also support the resierFS

Buchan

1. DMA66 support (on the Abit BP6 dual ppga)

I just bought an Abit BP6 that has both DMA33 and DMA66 IDE controllers
on board.  This would be really great for my server, as then it could
support up to 8 IDE devices!  However, I can't use the two DMA66 ports
due to lack of linux support, or am I wrong?  Anyone know of any
drivers out for the HPT366 (HighPoint) chipset?

Thanks in advance,
jason

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. WANTED: Site Administrator

3. I am puzzled by the way Linux releases memory, please explain.

4. Redirecting stdio within a for loop

5. BP6: Linux hangs on dma66 HD access

6. Linux booting question

7. DMA66 and Linux

8. cannot mount drives through ssh or telnet even as root

9. how to install LINUX(RH6) on the DMA66

10. 5.0 Release: Am I the only one?

11. Latest RedHat release - I am a little confused

12. I am trying to hook up a postsript printer on samba to release 5

13. will a linux kernal support dual proc board in the distribution release?