Network Card Troubles

Post by Jeff Kloud » Fri, 27 Apr 2001 10:42:01

I have a SIS630 motherboard which has all onboard cards.  The LAN card
is an SiS900.  I am installing Redhat 7.0.

Doing an lspci -vv I see the card at IRQ 11 and IO de00.  I also see
some communications port on IRQ 11.

When I cat /proc/interrupts there is no entry for IRQ 11.

I added the following in my modules.conf
alias eth0 sis900
options sis900 io=0xde00 irq=11

When I boot I get an insmod failure trying to load the module.

modprobe fails also, but it says it doesn't know parm_io.

I have recompiled the kernel to rebuild the sis900.o to ensure I have
the latest version, but to no avail.  So what do I try next?

I also tried adding a Linksys which uses tulip, but same issue with
insmod.
alias eth1 tulip
options tulip io=0xdc00 irq=9

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

1. Network card trouble - newbee

I have a newly installed Solaris machine. I have a brand new Dlink
network card for the computer but the installation doesn't recognize
it. How do I install the network card on my machine and maybe where
could I get drivers for it? It is a Dlink DFE-TX Network card.

2. How to turn off screensaver in XF86?

3. Network card troubles...PART II

4. Is it possible to get Microtek phantom 330 cx scanner work in linux

5. Total Linux Newbie Has Network Card Troubles

6. Gnu/Linux - The perfect solution for recycling hardware for charities

7. SMC EtherEZ network card troubles...

8. Shared libraries

9. ne2000 compatible isa network card trouble...

10. Network Card Trouble

11. NE3200 Network card trouble

12. network card troubles