How do you apply a patch??

Post by Matthew Kut » Thu, 01 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Help !
        I am trying to apply a patch file in linux onto some c code and i
can't seen to get it to work.  If anyone could help me by sending email

Thanks in Advance
Matty

1. Year 2000 patch: to apply or not to apply?

I have two servers, one with Openserver 5.0.2 and the other with Openserver 5.0.4. I just downloaded the Year 2000 Supplement OSS601a. Do you think it's better to apply it  now or to wait until January 1, 2000 to see if I need it or not? Are there some risk related to the process of applying this patch?

Thank you and sorry for the silly question.
Best Wishes, Cristian

--
Cristian Veronesi - CRPA SpA - Reggio Emilia, Italy

Whatever it is, I'm against it (Groucho Marx)

2. GXT800P in a 7043-150

3. 2.6 cron patch broken (after applying Y2K patch) ?

4. smbprint dies with status 33

5. Recommended patch cluster - patch not applied

6. X Windows and MS Windows (again)...

7. compiling 1.2.13 after applying io.h patch and elf patch

8. kernel: skbuff.c passed a non skb!

9. Patch to the serial driver --- please apply!

10. applying kernel patches

11. How do I apply Ultra33 patch

12. How do I apply a kernel patch?

13. Patches applied to installation files?