problem to print from windows NT to Linux with apsfilter !!!

problem to print from windows NT to Linux with apsfilter !!!

Post by LOUVOIS Prebagara » Tue, 08 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hello everybody,

I have installed Redhat 5.2 and Apsfilter 4.9 on a Pentium 166 called
"A" where LaserJet HP5MP is connected to the parallel port.

Evrything is installed (gs, a2ps, rewindstdin, ...)
It works fine with command  "lpr"  on local

And I added a list of hosts in "/etc/hosts.lpd"  to enable remote
printing. So there is no problem to print from other Unix Stations on
the host A.

But I have a problem to print from Windows NT 4.0 (host B)
-I have configured via the NT control panel,
-I selected  LPR printer, ...
-I put : remote host=A and remote queue=lp
-I choosen good driver
BUT NOTHING HAPPENS in the HOST A (linux)

- I got in  /var/log/messages a message for the host B:

"Dec  7 15:09:42 A lpd[2006]: lp: job could not be printed (cfA719B)"

Is there anyone could help me ??

Thank you,

1. Linux 5.2: printing with NT 4.0 via Samba and apsfilter

Tried to configure Samba on my Linux machine. Dasd and cdrom access
works fine, but I've still problems with the printing. Has somebody a
running configuration or some usefull hints for me?
I tried to configure my system with 'Linux Samba HOWTO' and 'printing
via Samba and apsfilter' from the SuSE database without success. :-(

--

Uwe Ressler

2. glibc-src

3. smbclient, apsfilter, printing from linux ->windows

4. Big Trouble!!

5. Problem printing PS files from Solaris to a Windows NT.

6. User changing login shell? (/etc/shells?)

7. Problems printing on an Windows NT server from AIX 3.2.5

8. RH 6.1 and Intels i810

9. Problem with Windows NT print queues

10. Problem printing to Windows NT Shared Printer

11. windows nt 4.0 printing problem

12. Printing problems between Solaris 2.4 and Windows NT

13. lpd problem: cannot print from windows nt