WHY-WHY-WHY.....my Mitsumi CD don't seek at boot??!!!!!

WHY-WHY-WHY.....my Mitsumi CD don't seek at boot??!!!!!

Post by s.. » Sat, 11 May 1996 04:00:00

....without word...!!!
Is the 5 time that i recompile the kernel with ALL the necessary drivers
for the ATAPI CD, but that stupid Mitsumi doesn't ear to work.
A brief history....the first time i installed Linux the CD, after the
first bootstrap doesn't work, although the CD setup worked fine.
So i reinstalled all (LILO too), and ,i don't now why, this time the CD
worked fine!! BUT, after compiling the Kernel, as above specified, the CD
doesn't work.....('the device appear confuse', and other line).
Many many thanx.....in advance!!

Luciano.....
Rome, Italy. (Not only 'spaghetti'....'mandolino' too!!!!!)

Post by Jon Mitche » Sat, 11 May 1996 04:00:00

>....without word...!!!
>Is the 5 time that i recompile the kernel with ALL the necessary drivers
>for the ATAPI CD, but that stupid Mitsumi doesn't ear to work.
>A brief history....the first time i installed Linux the CD, after the
>first bootstrap doesn't work, although the CD setup worked fine.
>So i reinstalled all (LILO too), and ,i don't now why, this time the CD
>worked fine!! BUT, after compiling the Kernel, as above specified, the CD
>doesn't work.....('the device appear confuse', and other line).
>Many many thanx.....in advance!!

Not sure if this is your problem or not, but most of the people I know
have problems with the default Mitsumi IRQ.  For some reason they don't
support what is the default setting for some of the Mitsumi cdroms.  Go
into the file mcd.h and edit it, setting the IRQ that to what you usually
have it running on in windows/dos.  Also uncomment the line I_WAS_HERE in
that file.

Jon Mitchell          \ [Fun-Boy] Sleep is for weaklings!

CCSO Site Consultant  \ These views have _nothing_ to do with CCSO.

1. Why oh why can't I boot from my hard disk!

Hi,

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?
I just installed RedHat 7.0 and I always have to boot from floppy.
When I boot from the hard disk, the LILO prompt goes as far as the first
L.
I tryed re-installing lilo with /sbin/lilo but I still have the same
problem.
Would a roundhouse kick to the side of the machine help?

Thanx

2. linux and win98 on a second disk

3. Telnet & FTP lag - why why why???

4. ipnat with default deny?

5. Why, Why Why

6. FTP server which does not require root?

7. high performance memory patch updated

8. Random IP Masq crash, WHY, WHY, WHY?

9. Why Why Why? snoop question on ppp interface..

10. why raw devices don't seek above 4GB (sometimes)

11. why won't iso boot cd boot?

12. Why I switched to Linux, and why I'm back to NT