Question: X, Orchid Fahrenheit 1280 and Compudyne Monitor.

Question: X, Orchid Fahrenheit 1280 and Compudyne Monitor.

Post by Mitchell A. Lewar » Tue, 19 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I am attempting to configure X to work on my
Orchid Fahrenheit 1280 with 1meg of dram, and
my Compudyne Monitor.  I have noticed the
1280 Is in the Devices and the AccelCard
files with different clocks settings.
The X config recommended the S3 server
but I am not sure of the rest of the settings.
Thanks!

Question: X, Orchid Fahrenheit 1280 and Compudyne Monitor.

Post by BanjoWor » Thu, 28 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Hi Mitchell -- I've got the same (old) card and a Nanao 550i monitor.
Try using these 3 cmds for info:
1)   % SuperProbe
2)   % X -probeonly
3)   % X -showinfo
I'm still completing my Slackware installation, but got X
to work, miraculously, the 1st time.  After getting info
from the FAQs, HOWTOs, 1) - 3) above, and the
hardware manuals for card and monitor, I ran:
% xf86config   =>  XF86Config  (an ASCII file).
Double check it for monitor settings (horiz & Vert rates),
and follow your instructions.  The book by Welsh
and Kaufman, _RUNNING LINUX_ was a big help to me.
Cheers,  Steve Parker