Q: ppp with xisp

Post by Jun H C » Tue, 23 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I am using debian 1.31 Linux with xisp for ppp connection. ppp works fine
when I log in as root, however, when I use other login name pppd exits
immediately.  I DID change mod of /usr/sbin/pppd using 'chmod u+s
/usr/sbin/pppd'.  Is there other file that I need to change mod to use
ppp as a nonroot user?  thanks in advance.

1. ppp connection using xisp or wvdial - help

I'm running redhat 5.1 and I have been trying to connect to the net
using xisp and wvdial. Both give errors which I couldn't solve I need
help.
1. xisp disconnects after a few seconds with messages pppd dies
///
2. When I rum wvdial, It gives me error messages in /var/log/messages
directory : a. localhost pppd[582]failed to open /dev/ttyS1:
input/output error. and
   b. localhost pppd[582] This system lacks kernel support for ppp.
This could be because the ppp kernel is not loaded or because the
kernel is not configured for ppp.

I have tried everything but no luck. I need help....

Mohamed Yusuf

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. Upgrading SCO OS 5.0.0d to 5.0.2

3. xisp can't ppp

4. services

5. XISP and PPP

6. drivers

7. Newbie Qs: Kernel patching and ppp auto dialing for no (apparent) reason

8. 4.1.5.0 compability with multi-processor box

9. PPP and PPP and PPP and PPP and PPP and HEADACHE

10. HELP: RH5.0 and xisp/kde etc show wrong time

11. Problem compiling XISP.. help..

12. xisp dosn't pick IP address - help

13. XISP Help!...root/user config problem?