Help setting up Serial Devices

Post by Ray Durb » Thu, 20 Apr 1995 04:00:00

I am in need of setting up my serial device.  I have linux kernel 1.2.4 and
I am running getty_ps.  I have set up the correct drivers (I think) for
/dev/ttyS2 and /dev/cau2.  I have a different IRQ setting that I set up
using setserial.  I am on COM3 and IRQ 5 in DOS.  I have played with many
config files and still no luck.  What am doing wrong?  I am trying to get
the serial device set up, then I will work on setting up SLIP.  Any ideas on
SLIP will also be helpful.  I have read the NET and SERIAL HOWTO but I am
missing something.

Thanks for any help.

-Ray

1. Need help setting up serial devices with Digiports

Running SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 with 3 DigiPort 16-
port portservers. I've loaded the drivers
successfully, but am only getting garbage on the
terminals. Wondering if anyone familiar with this
setup can tell me where to edit the parameters so
I can set the proper terminal emulation. Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. FTP problem

3. Help: Set-up serial device.

4. reading r10k counters via c++

5. ttyS0, serial settings, talking to a UPS, arrrrgh

6. Pentium 90 IDE fdisk problem

7. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!

8. is process connected to terminal?

9. HELP needed with connecting UPS to serial port w/o "getty"

10. Help with UPS / Serial Ports

11. UPS - software driver for the APC Smart UPS - 600 (Please HELP )

12. RedHat Question - Setting up Serial Devices

13. HPUX: setting speed of serial device ?