Installation problem with GNAT Ada95/Linux RH5.2

Installation problem with GNAT Ada95/Linux RH5.2

Post by SteveCrow » Sun, 24 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Greetings.

I attempted to install GNAT Ada95  (3.10p) onto PC (Pentium) system with

Linux Red-Hat 5.2 OS.  The bash script was throwing up errors during
installation.  However I believed I'd overcome these.  However, when I
attempt
to link ,an error 'crtbegin' not found error is generated.

Anyone had simlar problems and how were they overcome.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,
            Steve.

Post by Bobby D. Bryan » Sun, 24 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> Greetings.

> I attempted to install GNAT Ada95  (3.10p) onto PC (Pentium) system with

> Linux Red-Hat 5.2 OS.  The bash script was throwing up errors during
> installation.  However I believed I'd overcome these.  However, when I
> attempt
> to link ,an error 'crtbegin' not found error is generated.

> Anyone had simlar problems and how were they overcome.

> Any advice would be appreciated.

    subscribe gnatlist Steve Crowe

as both the subject and body of the message.  (I suspect that only one is
required, but I can't remember which!)

When you get the response, follow the instructions for accessing the list's
archives -- you question has been addressed there several times.

BTW, rumor holds that 3.11p is coming out "real soon now", and it should
not have this problem.

Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas

Installation problem with GNAT Ada95/Linux RH5.2

Post by nabb.. » Sun, 24 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Better download the rpm version of GNAT.
check

http://rufus.w3.org/linux/RPM/contrib/libc6/i386/gnat-3.10p-3.i386.html

one rpm command to install it.

Nasser

1. XView Library for Ada95 (Gnat)

I have written a small library for Ada95 using Gnat on a PC runnig Linux.
The library implements some of the objects in the XView C Library.

I have uploaded it to sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/Incoming/xvAda-0.2.tar.gz,
and I have suggested it to be placed in /pub/Linux/X11/libs.

I would be very happy if I could get some feedback on this library. It does
want I want it do do, but does it want you want it to do?
I have only tested it on my machine running Linux, but I hope it's
possible to compile it under Solaris 2.x using Gnat. Please try...

Here is an extract from the README

What is it?
===========

XV Ada Library is actually a bindings package for the XView library. I
have built a new own library upon the XView bindings in hope of that this
would be easier for programmers to deal with. You don't see the real
binding to the XView C library, they are hidden within my functions in the
various packages.

XV Ada Library is copyrighted with GNU LIBRARY GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE.
Read the file LGPL for more information.
You don't need to send me any money to use it, but you could, if you visits
Uppsala-Sweden, buy me a beer or just say hello, or send me a postcard...

What does it support?
=====================

It's only a small subset of the XView C library. XV Ada Library only
supports Frames, Panels (with Buttons, Text items, Numeric items, Choices,
Toggles, Checkboxes, Scrolling Lists and Messages), Menues, Icons, Fonts and
Server images. As you see, this is far from the complete XView C library.
The three demo programs shows you what the library supports.

What do I need to use it?
=========================

You need a C compiler (preferably GCC 2.6.3 or above), Gnat 2.05 or above,
and the XView C libraries (libxview, libolgx) and X11 libraries (libX11).
I use a clean Slackware 2.1(?) installation from InfoMagic's March CD-set.
It should work with Gnat 2.x under Solaris 2.x too (haven't been tested).

Are there any documentation?
============================

YES. I have written a 70+ pages manual for this library. It is a PostScript
file, I hope you can manage to print it on your printers. Else you could
run in through Ghostscript and convert it to a suitable format.
The manual is of course not finished, many more things could be documented
in it, and I will do it. If you can't print it or convert it, please drop
me an email, and I will see what I can do for you.
My english is maybe not the best, so please email me corrections to the
manual, or ideas of how to improve it.

End extract from README

\ Maintainer of the OS/2 Programming FAQ /

2. sendmail delivers my mail twice??

3. gnat ADA95

4. Linksys Ethernet PCI Card

5. New Linux Ada95 RPMs Available

6. 2.4.19-rc1|rc2 -> err, what?

7. Gnat 3.03/Linux/ELF problem

8. bibcard executable on a RS/6000 ??

9. Install problems GNAT/CC/Linux

10. GNAT and Linux, Problem

11. RH5.2 Installation Problems

12. RH5.2 installation problem

13. installation and mouse problems RH5.0