Seagate 4G/8G IDE Atapi Tape Drive

Post by <ef.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have the same drive and it sort of works with Redhat 6.0 default
kernel.  Using /dev/ht0 I can start to do a tar.  Eventually it locks
up my machine and I have to hard reboot.  If anyone knows how to avoid
this, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Eric

                    http://www.searchlinux.com

1. Seagate 4G/8G IDE Atapi Tape Drive

Hello all.

I have recently installed a Seagate 4G/8G IDE ATAPI Tape Drive into my
computer running Debian Gnu/Linux, version 2.1 (slink).  I compiled
IDE/Tape support into my kernel (2.2.9), and the drive is recognized
at bootup at device ht0.

The device file /dev/ht0 did not exist, so I did a MAKEDEV ht, and the
device file /dev/ht0 was created.

All seems to be well now, with the device file, however when trying to
do anything with the tape, I get errors.  For instance, the command:
        mt -f /dev/ht0 rewind
results in a Input/Output error.  I have tried several tapes (known
good tapes), and all recieve the same error.  Any input would be
great.  Thanks,

Darren

2. SCSI Controller Not Found

3. IDE Seagate 8G tape drive?

4. Thread help needed

5. Seagate IDE ATAPI Tape Drive

6. Pb With recal with ct on SCO 3.2V4.2

7. QIC3095 ATAPI Tape Drive can not operate in full capacity of 4G

8. Implementing multiple channels over one socket connection

9. Seagate TR5 20GB ATAPI(IDE) Tape

10. Trouble with Seagate STT2000A ATAPI tape drive.

11. How do I backup to an seagate internal atapi tr4 tape drive?

12. How do I backup to an seagate atapi tr4 tape drive?

13. ATAPI Seagate Travan tape drive not recognized - help!