AIC-7890 & Installing redhat 5.1

Post by dan » Mon, 14 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I'd like to install redhat 5.1, but I don't have the drivers for my scsi
controller card(AIC-7890), I tried someone else's boot image that they made,
but the supplement disk failed, I tried remaking it, but no luck. How am I
supposed to install linux if it can't see my HD's? Also all the rpm's are on
my fat32 partition, I have room if need be to make a fat16 and move the
rpm's over to that partition. Any ideas anyone?

Dan

AIC-7890 & Installing redhat 5.1

Post by dan » Mon, 14 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Ok, I used a different boot image, and got redhat 5.1 installed, but it
won't boot correctly, the scsi drivers aren't loading correctly, I'm
assuming its because 2.0.34 was installed instead of 2.0.35, how do I
upgrade linux without being able to it?

Post by Li-Jen Chan » Tue, 15 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> I'd like to install redhat 5.1, but I don't have the drivers for my scsi
> controller card(AIC-7890), I tried someone else's boot image that they made,
> but the supplement disk failed, I tried remaking it, but no luck. How am I
> supposed to install linux if it can't see my HD's? Also all the rpm's are on
> my fat32 partition, I have room if need be to make a fat16 and move the
> rpm's over to that partition. Any ideas anyone?

> Dan

If you have an IDE HD, then you could install RedHat on it.
Why do you need a supplement? Do you have a PCMCIA device?
Can you simply install RedHat without the supplement disk?

AIC-7890 & Installing redhat 5.1

Post by Li-Jen Chan » Tue, 15 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> Ok, I used a different boot image, and got redhat 5.1 installed, but it
> won't boot correctly, the scsi drivers aren't loading correctly, I'm
> assuming its because 2.0.34 was installed instead of 2.0.35, how do I
> upgrade linux without being able to it?

> >I'd like to install redhat 5.1, but I don't have the drivers for my scsi
> >controller card(AIC-7890), I tried someone else's boot image that they
> made,
> >but the supplement disk failed, I tried remaking it, but no luck. How am I
> >supposed to install linux if it can't see my HD's? Also all the rpm's are
> on
> >my fat32 partition, I have room if need be to make a fat16 and move the
> >rpm's over to that partition. Any ideas anyone?

> >Dan

There are AIC7890  RedHat boot images in
ftp://ftp.dialnet.net/pub/linux/aic7xxx
I heard they are buggy.

1. RedHat 5.1 & Adaptec AIC-7890 problem

Hi all...
I tried to install RedHat 5.1 from CDROM on a computer w/ an on-board SCSI
contoller (Adaptec AIC-7890), but the installation routine could not detect
the SCSI HD (Seagate ST34520W)  :-(
The hardware configuration is:
-Asus P2BS motherboard w/ a 300 MHz Pentium II
-64 MB RAM
-Adaptec AIC-7890 SCSI controller on the motherboard
-Seagate Medallist Pro (ST34520W) SCSI HD
-IDE CDROM

Help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
--TR

2. What x server for ...

3. 2.0.34 kernel/rh 5.1/AIC-7890 works?

4. Yamaha Video Chip?

5. Help for RedHat & Adaptec AIC-7890 / 2940 U2W

6. Defining Network Printer

7. Adaptec AIC-7890/60 and RedHat 5.2 boot/install solution

8. state machines

9. REDHAT 6.0 wont INSTALL - DELL 410 WORKSTATION w/ SCSI AIC-7890

10. install RED HAT 5.1 on P2B-DS with adaptec AIC 7890

11. install red hat 5.1 on asus P2B-DS with adaptec AIC 7890 Chips

12. Redhat 5.2 and AIC-7890 SCSI

13. FreeBSD 2.2.7 & Adaptec AIC-7890