Need help setting up SoundBlaster Live

Post by Ronald Hayne » Sat, 03 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi, I have downloaded the required driver from
Creative, and have installed it, had it working,
but now nothing.

A couple of questions...

        in the manual setup instructions..(I am running
SUSE 6.1) it says to remove any sound drivers...does
that mean to remove any .o files in /lib/modules/2.25/misc
relating to sound?  What about the soundcore.o file?
I copied the sblive.o file to the required location
and made the additions to the /etc/conf.modules.

Whenever I make changes to /etc/conf.modules and
I boot the kernel it complains that modules.dep is
either older or newer that conf.modules...does
depmod -a take care of this problem?  Do I have
to edit modules.dep manually?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
R Haynes

Need help setting up SoundBlaster Live

Post by Bart Janssen » Sun, 04 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi, I have downloaded the required driver from
> Creative, and have installed it, had it working,
> but now nothing.

I used this to load the sblive module:
modprobe soundcore
insmod -f  sblive

I commented out the stuff that loads sound.o in the rc.sysinit file, and
just added the 2 lines above to the rc.local file.

regards,

Bart Janssens

1. HELP: Need help for soundblaster live card on redhat linux 6.2

Hi all

I am having some problems with SoundBlaster live sound
card on redhat Linux 6.2 running kernel 2.2.14-6.1.1. It is
using the emu10k1.o diver.

My problem is that the card can play .wav files very clearly and
cleanly, but when I try to play raw mu-law files it plays them with a
lot of distortion. Yet I have played the same audio files (raw mu-law)
on a windows PC and it plays fine, so the audio file is not the problem.

I have tried using the sndconfig utility and it plays an audio
message and again it is distorted. As I mentioned above, the audio
that I have assigned to system functions (like when you delete a file, etc)
play without any distortion.

Can anyone offer any help. I have had previous experience with SCO, BSD
& AIX Unix, but I am relatively new to the Linux scene.

Thanks in advance.
---
Edward Mifsud                   Bureau of Meteorology

                                              Melbourne  vic  3000
Tel: 03 9669 4118                 AUSTRALIA
Fax: 03 96694128

2. ZIP drives?

3. Need help with SOUNDBLASTER LIVE! RedHat6.0

4. Storage Processor - what is?

5. how to set up SoundBlaster Live value under linux

6. Linux is INFERIOR to Windows

7. having trouble setting up soundblaster live on redhat 6.1

8. "LI" Fixed! Magic Number now..

9. PCI SoundBlaster Live card <I need a how to?>

10. Need driver for SoundBlaster Live!

11. Need help setting up a SoundBlaster

12. Pls help!(soundblaster live)

13. Help with soundblaster live