Running slackware 8.1 kernel 2.4.18 on PII w/ scsi (primary) and 10
Windows XP professional (also using the ms bootloader.... ntldr )
I installed WinXP across the entire 10gig IDE, and a small partition
of the scsi
(for booting), slackware 8.1 was installed on the scsi.
I did the whole 'bootsect.lnx' thing, configuring LILO to install to
(the partition where the entire linux is - including /boot). dd
if=/dev/sda3 of=/bootsect.lnx bs=512 count=1, got 512byte file from /
and copied to floppy
then to C:\. Edited 'boot.ini' to include c:\bootsect.lnx="Linux" -
and got a pause then a bunch of 0's across the screen (about 512bytes
I'm guessing that ntldr was able to find & access the file, but didn't
it correctly... I haven't seen any other posts with the same result.
I also tried making 'boot.ini' point to a batch file that called
that failed too (with no output)