USB Support

Post by Jeffrey Robbin » Fri, 27 Apr 2001 06:30:18

I just downloaded SuSE 7.1 and I am going to install it this weekend. I
am
wondering if I am going to be able to use a USB mouse with this new
kernel.
I have been using an old PS/2 that needs to be retired, I am eying one
of
those new optical mice from Logitech.  I am just concerned with the USB
support of the new kernel.  Is it useable or is it still really buggy?
The
USB drivers that you can compile into the older kernels was buggy at
best.

USB Support

Post by Stuart William » Fri, 27 Apr 2001 11:40:12

> I just downloaded SuSE 7.1 and I am going to install it this weekend. I
> am
> wondering if I am going to be able to use a USB mouse with this new
> kernel.
> I have been using an old PS/2 that needs to be retired, I am eying one
> of
> those new optical mice from Logitech.  I am just concerned with the USB
> support of the new kernel.  Is it useable or is it still really buggy?
> The
> USB drivers that you can compile into the older kernels was buggy at
> best.

I had aUSB mouse working quite well when I was using it. I was just trying
it thou. It wasnt a fancy mouse but it was USB. I think you will be ok,
but make sure you have the auto hardware finder(i think it is called kuzo)
enable when you reboot.

USB Support

Post by Snowma » Fri, 27 Apr 2001 21:42:02

dunno about suse, but I've got a logitech optical usb (with the wheel)
working in redhat 7.1 wihout even the slightest problem.  I had some
problems with USB in mandrake 7.2, but when I upgraded to RH 7.1 it was
detected in the install, and worked from that point onwards.

Regards,
Snowman

Quote:> I just downloaded SuSE 7.1 and I am going to install it this weekend. I
> am
> wondering if I am going to be able to use a USB mouse with this new
> kernel.
> I have been using an old PS/2 that needs to be retired, I am eying one
> of
> those new optical mice from Logitech.  I am just concerned with the USB
> support of the new kernel.  Is it useable or is it still really buggy?
> The
> USB drivers that you can compile into the older kernels was buggy at
> best.

1. usb support on USB

Hi,

Anybody tried to use USB on kernel 2.3.x?

I tried it on 2.3.23 and 2.3.25, but was always told 'usb device not
no responding' no matter I use uhci or ohci.

Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. HP 5L setup in Slackware 2.0.0

3. USB Support

4. Gnu Assembler/Linux

5. USB support under Linux

6. tzset() and daylight

7. USB support and GGI?

8. Help - Chinon CDS-5255/Adaptec VL300

9. USB support for Solaris on SPARC?

10. AverMedia InterCam-Elite USB support

11. USB Support

12. what about USB support ?

13. USB support