DOS PARTITION: AIC7XXX TARGET PROBLEM, PLEASE HELP!

DOS PARTITION: AIC7XXX TARGET PROBLEM, PLEASE HELP!

Post by Humberto Jose Bortolos » Sat, 12 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hi everybody!

Could you help me? I'm getting the following message when
I try to access my DOS partition under Linux (with a ls or
cd command):

aic7xx: target is busy
scsi: aborting command due timeout: pid 1260, scsi0,  channel 0,
id2, lun 0 Read(0) 0020d50100
aic7xx: (abort_reset) scb slate 0x1, data7m

There are also messages of scsi devices being reset and put
in sync mode. But, curiously, after some trials, linux gave
me access to the DOS partition. Copying files works fine.
What is happening? How could I fix that?

Here is my configuration:

Pentium 166Mhz, 65 Mb RAM, AHA2940W/UW scsi controller,
2 scsi Quantum Atlas XP31250W hard disks 2.1 Gb.
Plextor 8X CD-ROM, Diamond Stealth 64 VRAM, Sony 15sfII
monitor.

I'm using Windows 95 in the first HD and Slackware 96
with kernel 2.0.0 in the second. I start up linux
using loadlin.

My usenet site is with problem to receive messages
(only some of them actually reach my usenet server)
so would it be possible to reply directly to me?

Thank you very much!

Humberto.

1. DOS PARTITION: AIC7XXX TARGET PROBLEM, PLEASE HELP!

[...]

2. LILO/WIN95/WFWG/NT3.51

3. hosts.allow/deny configuration

4. qpopper

5. 2940 Problem: get message "aic7xxx: Target 0 underflow.....???HELP?!

6. Hard Drive Not Recognized on Install...

7. 2940 Problem--aic7xxx: Target 0 underflow??? HELP!

8. aic7xxx: Target 0 underflow, Adaptec 2940 HELP

9. aic7xxx: Target 0 underflow... HELP!

10. aic7xxx: Target 0 underflow... HELP??

11. Cant install from DOS partition.... help please