Setting a root Password

Post by michaelfr.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

1. At LILO: Linux
2.It brings a window type screen with a login: , what login?
 enter? Boot? Root?
3. password does not let me enter anything ( at least it doesnt show)
4. Setting a root Password does the same thing it shows the
 Screen and window but will not let me enter the letters &/or
numbers. I am a newbie to unix/linux but I can take the pain.
 thanks Michael

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Setting a root Password

Post by Prasanth Kuma » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> 1. At LILO: Linux
> 2.It brings a window type screen with a login: , what login?
>  enter? Boot? Root?

Enter 'root' in all lowercase.

Quote:> 3. password does not let me enter anything ( at least it doesnt show)

Enter the password you assigned during install. It is not displayed to
keep it secret to observers.

Quote:> 4. Setting a root Password does the same thing it shows the
>  Screen and window but will not let me enter the letters &/or
> numbers. I am a newbie to unix/linux but I can take the pain.
>  thanks Michael

Prasanth Kumar