Dual boot and Win95

Post by John J. River » Tue, 17 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Gentlepeople,

I have inherited a PC at work that contains a dual boot to linux.  I have
no documentation
on it and no passwords. When it boots it presents the option of either
going into dos or linux.
I would like to continue using the system(linux side) and learn it. I
understand in unix if you had a bootdisk you logon under single-user mode
etc, and change passwords. Is there some
option in linux? Where can I obtain this valuble information? Where can I
find the faq on linux?

TIA

John Rivera

1. Dual-drive dual-boot RH Linux 5.1 & Win95: recommended boot manager?

Hi:

I've got a 266 PII PC with one EIDE hard-drive with Win95 installed.  I want
to add a second EIDE hard drive (probably around 4-6 Gb) and install RH
Linux 5.1 plus some other Linux s/w (like Oracle8.0.5 pre-production
release!  Yew!).  I want to be able to choose which O/S (ie. which
hard-drive) I boot from at power-on.  I'm not real good with hardware and
low-level stuff.  Do I need to purchase a good boot-loader?  Is there one
that anyone would recommend that works very well and is simple (and safe!)
to install for choosing boot between Linux and Win95?

Doubly thankful if you would respond via email as well as posting here!

Thanks and regards,
Dave

2. shutdown to console gone?

3. Problem with Toshiba Tecra 500cdt laptop

4. dual-HD, dual-boot problem ... booting Win98 fails on hdb

5. Multiple IPs on one Linux computer

6. Dual boot networked to dual boot

7. USR 5687 modem

8. how to dual boot Win95 + DOS (no linux) ?

9. Dual booting between FreeBSDand Win95

10. Dual booting Linux and Win95 (newbie)

11. Linux/Win95 Dual Boot? Can it be done?

12. preparing dual/boot 4 end user, where to get legal win95 for it