Install Linux from Backpack CDROM

Post by P. Sivakuma » Tue, 25 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I am trying to install linux through redhat 4.1 using a backpack parallel
port cd-rom.  However,the install program is unable to mount the drive.  Is
there any parameter that has to be given for it to recogonize the drive?  I
also tried to use the boot image from www.torque.net.  With this image, the
computer hangs.  If anyone had this problem before and/or can help me,
please let me know.

Siva kumar

1. Can Linux be installed from a Compaq Backpack cdrom?

I may aquire an old Compaq 486  with a backpack cdrom drive (the old
paralell port thing) and would like to use it to run some command line
stuff.  I have Redhat 5.2 through 6.2.  Can I get one of these to
work and if so, will there be any problems of which I should be aware?

Thanks.

2. -bpp16 with SPEA Mirage P64?

3. Help : Installing Red Hat Linux through a backpack cdrom.

4. Odd maths functions

5. installing RedHat 4.0 w/backpack cdrom

6. DEC HiNote VP port Replicator

7. backpack cdrom install

8. Forte 6.2 trial license

9. trying installing from Backpack CDROM and this error

10. Redhat Install, no floppy + backpack cdrom

11. *NEW* backpack CDROM install for RedHat 3.0.3

12. rh6.0 install w/ backpack parallel cdrom

13. Linux and Backpack CDROM drive ?