Adaptec 1542 problems and NFS Install

Post by Polo Hurtad » Sun, 10 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

I've tried unsuccessfully to install OpenLinux Lite on my computer:

Gateway 2000 Pentium 90MHz
24M RAM
8GB+ Total HD Space
NE2000 Clone NIC
Adaptec 1542 SCSI card
8x SCSI CD-ROM

I tried to install from the CD-ROM after creating the two boot floppies.
The problem is that it can't find my Adaptec SCSI card and therefore can't
see the CD-ROM.  I gave up on this and so I tried installing it from my
other computer's NFS share.  I copied all of the CD-ROM contents to my other
computer and created a NFS share.  During installation, I gave it the
address of the NFS server and the share name and I went as far as the
selection of the packages (that is, the NFS share was recognized and the
Linux box logged on to install the files this way).  However, right at the
point that installation of the different packages is to begin, it burps
several errors saying that it can't find files.  No matter what I do, it
can't find the files.  I looked in the share, and the files are there.
What's up?

If you can help me with this, or even better, tell me how to make it
recognize my Adaptec card, please reply soon.

The card specs are:

IRQ = 11
I/O Address = 130h
Memory Address = C8000-CBFFF
DMA = 5
SCSI ID = 7

How can I force recognition of the card upon bootup or installation?
Thanks!

Polo Hurtado

1. RH 6.1: adaptec 1542 install problem

I am trying to perform an ftp install/upgrade (to a running RH 6.0) system
with an adaptec 1542 ..... the boot disk does not recognize the scsi card. I
have tried--

boot: linux aha1542=0x330

but no luck.

I understand that there is a way to use (in expert mode) a driver update
disk, created from a driver update disk image.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find such an image?  Haven't been
able to find one either at redhat or adaptec.....

Thanks!

2. Error get after upgrading postgresql server

3. 2.1.5R, adaptec 1542, install problems

4. HP workstations and TLI interface to TCP/IP

5. moving from adaptec 1542 to pci adaptec 2940

6. UMAX scanner driver now works

7. Help: Adaptec 1542 SCSI HD (not) installing

8. Course of English (computer terminology)?

9. installing adaptec 1542 HELP!

10. x86, install fails, Adaptec 1542 driver doesn't load

11. RH5 Install with Adaptec 1542

12. Request for help installing Linux with Adaptec 1542

13. RedHat 7.1 install and Adaptec 1542 SCSI controller